Hook Mountain Loot

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hook Mountain Loot

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:53 am

I don't know that I want to spend time and effort guarding him all the way to Magnimar. My preference would be to let either Jak/Vale or Lamatar/nymph mete out their justice and be done with him. But if the rest of the group wants to haul him all the way back to Magnimar, Eldthor will go with it. But he's certainly not going to hesitate to put some arrows into him if he causes any trouble on the trip.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:01 pm

I'd be really curious to find out what the meaning behind the list is, since he's on it. Does he have a sihedron tattoo, etc...

Oh, i saw this today and thought it could be my turn to be off-topic:

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:23 pm

OK... I'm sorry I've been AWOL for a few days... Bad weather means bad migraines means bad me...

So...

"I don't want that traitorous bastard with us all the way back to Magnamar! I would much rather leave him with his former commander and his former lover for her to determine his punishment if we can't afford the time to take him to the fort.

"We have to go the the city to get the horses, so we could have him put in the jail there and send a message to the Arrows that he is available to be picked up for punishment of their choosing.

S"andpoint is the major priority right now. We have friends and family there, and, frankly, people who rely on us. Before we were called the Troubleshooters, we were referred to as the Heroes of Sandpoint. Knowing there is a threat to the city, I feel uneasy not being there."

[Eldthor most likely realizes how surprising of an admission this is for Kay, since her reaction to the larger city of Magnamar (should have) made him realize that her "desire" to put down roots in Sandpoint was probably a comprise between his distaste for cities and her preference for them.]

"Dwyn, I understand your unease about these medallions. I am starting to have my own misgivings about them... no pun intended. However, they do have their advantages as well. Illian and I would be in far greater danger in the battles we have been in without them, though I am happy to say have managed to avoid taking another hit like I did from that Barghest... I'm not as stupid as I was a a few weeks ago..."

She puts her head down on Eldthor's shoulder and closes her eyes for a moment.

"In any event... Sandpoint is in danger! We need to get there as soon as we can... I'll... I'll even take a ... a boat if we have to..."

[You can see that she is nearly shaking. Until this point, none of you really realized just how uneasy Kay is on open water... Being on top of the dam was a bit unsettling for her it seems.]
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:40 pm

As far as Kaven goes, Dothan's vote is leaving him at the fort. Only if they can't handle him there do we take him further.

Also, Dothan wants to get to Sandpoint as soon as possible, so she's all for splitting the party so we can multitask our obligations out here.

As a player, I really don't want to miss any clues or loot or potential rewards or research opportunities. But Dothan doesn't care about any of that. Also as a player, I really want to get to Magnimar as quickly as possible... reward, cash in, shopping, etc... but again, Dothan doesn't care about that stuff.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:14 pm

I don't see a need to split the party all that long. Some of us going to the Shimmerglens is going to be about a half a day to a day of extra time. Compared to a 2+ week journey back to Sandpoint, do we really want to split up the party just to get there half a day earlier? And Sandpoint's on the way back to Magnimar, so we can certainly stop there before heading to Magnimar. At that point, if some want to stay in Sandpoint while others go to Magnimar, that's fine. They'll just have to make sure they have a shopping list of things they want from Magnimar, if they want any additional magic items beyond what they currently have with their share of the loot.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:53 pm

I agree. We shouldn't have to split up for long. Looking at the map, we should be able to travel overland to Ilsurian or Whistledown and meet up with the remainder of the party without much difficulty.

I think we'll have to let Pat fill us in on whether or not we can succeed in these knowledge checks, and whether or not its okay to be looking at the maps. Feels like cheating, somehow.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:49 pm

We had an official map a while ago that was on Roll20 that I was using to write Dwyn stories and figure out where she came from before Sandpoint. I think that one shows TBF and other locations, but it does not make clear what the ease/difficulty of traveling in some of these areas might be.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.

Return to “Runelords”