Where To Next?

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:38 am

40%
60%
No votes

Total votes: 5
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Where To Next?

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Is Sam a straight-up cleric?

Cuz if so, then yeah, we could get two or three Sendings on a down day when she didn't need 4th level spells for other things. That could alleviate a lot of our concerns, especially since Sending allows the recipient to respond as well.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:45 pm

I believe she's some sort of fire-breathing super cleric, but she'll have to confirm or deny that.

( I think she has a prestige class, but I dont know which one)
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:41 pm

It should take just shy of 5 days to get from Turtleback Ferry to Magnimar by boat, provided the barge is up and running, and then a day's travel to get to Sandpoint.

If taking horses, it should take 6 days to get to Sandpoint, then another day of travel to Magnimar.

So, roughly the same amount of time. It seems like the bigger concern is where to go first.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Six days to Sandpoint by boat AND we get a stop in Magnimar along the way. OR six days to Sandpoint by boring old horses and we don't get to tie up our loose ends with the Mayor until later.

Dothan has never been on a boat before... not for a real trip like this. She knows how some people feel about the idea, but she's really really hoping to do the boat thing.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:16 pm

Well... Eldthor really ... and I know that we need to get better magic, especially if there's a dragon involved... Desna preserve us! A freakin' dragon? But... I really don't like boats...

[in a soft voice]OK... let's take a boat...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

If it takes the same amount of time, I say we go by boat first. Make the best decision with the information you have at the time.

[[ooc: Also I think that Darcs secretly wants us to face Black Magga again...or did we win?]]
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:49 am

The six days by boat to Magnimar and then Sandpoint does not include time spent shopping or talking to the Lord Mayor. I'm guessing if we do those things, as well as leave time for Dwyn to meet her boyfriend for a quick visit, then I'm guessing we're adding a day or so to the trip time. But if we can fit our horses on the barge for the down-stream trip, that at least gives us a way to get from Magnimar to Sandpoint.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:07 am

Y'all, we get to Sandpoint in 6 days either way. But can we take horses on the barge? And if so, can we shave a bit of time by disembarking from the barge before it gets to Magnimar and taking a short cut up to Sandpoint?

Dwyn seriously would want to ride straight to Sandpoint without pausing, as soon as we get off the boat, but then we won't have horses unless we can take them on the boat.

If we do this boat thing, can't we just leave two people behind in Magnimar for four hours of shop & mayor, and let them catch up? Four hours might mean forty kids saved or forty buckets of boiling oil or whatever the town could use for defense. My cousins are going to die in a fireball! I also want to be able to ride around town quickly when we get to Sandpoint, so horse possession at that point is still important.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:29 am

Looking at the map, I don't know that we save all that much time by getting off the boat before Magnimar and heading to Sandpoint. There's a northward bend in the river that's closer to Sandpoint, but there are no large, direct roads from that bend to Sandpoint, so we would be traveling off road or on indirect country roads. If we go to Magnimar, we have the well-maintained coastal road to travel on, so the going will be quicker.

And I'm fine with some folks heading to Sandpoint while others shop. But that means the ones heading to Sandpoint need to leave a shopping list if there's anything they want.

And again, I understand that Dwyn wants to get to Sandpoint as soon as possible. But taking a few hours to upgrade armor and weapons while we're in Magnimar can really help her better defend Sandpoint. If we're able to use a Sending spell to get a warning to Sandpoint and get them preparing their defenses, and periodically check in during the trip to make sure they're still safe, then maybe she'll be willing to spend a little time upgrading magic items in the big city rather than running straight to Sandpoint.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:33 am

Yeah, being able to communicate would help. And my AC is still frightfully low for a front line fighter.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.

Return to “Runelords”