Chat Archive

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Chat Archive

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:09 am

I need to clear it. After Andrew masterfully fixed my laptop, I tried logging on to roll20. (For those that missed what happened: I have a giant balloon in the living room that was given as a perk for running the lightboard at a dance recital. It got sucked into the ceiling fan, which startled me and caused me to spill my diet Pepsi all over my laptop.) I still can't see the chat log from last night.

Basically, I can't see any of the stuff that was said after my last post. If anyone has a better internet connection than me and could send me a copy of what was said, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'm clearing the chat archive sometime on Sunday.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Chat Archive

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:37 am

I can get it this weekend while I'm at home, but it is a chore for my laptop. Better if someone with a good connection and strong machine takes care of it. I would love to see the entire chatlog saved in a shared doc somewhere so we can clear the roll20 logs. It takes so damn long to look anything up.

If we get it into a shared doc, maybe someone will find time to at least go through and divide it into clear chapters by date and make searching a lot simpler.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:47 am

I can do it this afternoon when I get home.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:58 am

Every time I have tried to get to the archive recently it has locked up on me, so good luck...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:21 pm

I have it saved as a complete HTML file. I'll try to get it into a Word document and uploaded to Google drive at some point. That's the benefit of a 1GB Internet connection and a super-powerful laptop, the benefits of working from home.

Here's everything from your last post until the end:

DMDarcs (GM): It's a small tattoo of the Sihedron.
Dwyn: SEE!!!
Dothan: Of course it is.
Eldthor: [So that's how she branded her victims, rather than carving it in their chest.]
Dothan: "And once you were too deep, they owned you. Is that it?"
Kaven Windstrike: "They didn't own me. I took care of that when I sold the information. When and where the patrols were. What the defenses were like."
"Lucrecia knew there was an attack coming. So I volunteered for a patrol that I knew would be far away when the attack was coming. I even got the group delayed a bit so I wouldn't have to be involved in the fighting. After the attack, Lucrecia was going to flee with me, and we'd be rid of this backwater."
Eldthor:
Eldthor Eldvirsonn : +1 icy burst composite longbow
Attack
Damage
Type:
P
Ranged Notes: +1 to hit and damage within 30 ft.
Attack Notes: +2 to hit and damage goblinoids
+4 to hit and damage giants
Weapon Notes: Code damage: 2 (critical damage: 12)
Kaven Windstrike: "But the Grauls captured us. Wasn't expecting that."
(From Kailiana (Zen)): So he sold out the Arrows for the love of a snake... What a guy!
(To Kailiana (Zen)): Well, it was a redheaded snake. I can't blame a guy for having a soft spot for a beautiful redhead. KISS
Kaven Windstrike: "I left you all as soon as I had the chance. This was supposed to be the ultimate fall back point to meet Lucrecia. I didn't realize she was...half-snake. Or that she was working with giants. They're not even supposed to be here! THAT'S when it was too late."
Dothan: "We found a note to Barl from someone who signed 'M'. Sounds like M is giving orders. Who is that?"
Kaven Windstrike: "I don't know."
Illian: [I feel like Lucretia was shouting that name at us when we met her in Fort Rannick...
Eldthor: [Sweet. To get the cold damage to show up in the Weapon Notes section, you just add [[1d6]] at the appropriate spot in your weapon note.]
Kaven Windstrike: "I didn't even know she was working with this Barl guy until I arrived."
Dothan: "Did you overhear anything about Barl's plans during your short time here?"
Kaven Windstrike: "It's not like there were messengers swinging by on a regular basis or anything like that."
Dwyn: [illian I totally remember her being all smug about someone who was not Karzoug and I though it was an M but I also thought it was some kind of evil god. Basically no clue
Kaven Windstrike: "He was trying to amass an army to attack Sandpoint, but he didn't really seem all that keen on heading out anytime soon."
Dothan: "What happened to Lucrecia's barge?"
Dwyn: [psst... when did the last messenger come?]
Kaven Windstrike: "It sunk, sometime around the attack on Fort Rannick."
Dothan: "Know who was responsible?"
Kaven Windstrike: "Lucrecia didn't mention."
Dothan: "And we think Barl's last message from M came recently. Were there any messengers that you saw? And when?"
Kaven Windstrike: "I haven't seen any."
Dothan: Okay. Everyone rest. To Rannick in the morning. If we think of anything else to ask him, this charm lasts 9 hours.
Or I cast a new one tomorrow.
Illian: "How many other people have that tattoo?"
Dothan: Good one.
Illian: "And did your lover tell you what it means? I''m sure she glanced at it fondly and often."
Kaven Windstrike: "I hear it's exclusive. Only repeat customers that were hand selected by Lucrecia itself."
Annamanué: [Show him the list]
Kailiana (Zen): [brb]
Kaven Windstrike: "I assumed it was just something she was fond of."
Dothan: No harm in letting him see the list. "Any of these names look like regular customers you remember?"
Kaven Windstrike: "Well.....shit."
"I guess that wasn't as exclusive as I thought."
Dwyn: "So what does HE think we should do with him? I don't want him hurting Vale again.
Kaven Windstrike: "This is.....like, half of the population of Turtleback Ferry."
(To Eldthor): rolls for starting stats 111616131511
Illian: "Any names you don't recognize?"
Kaven Windstrike: "Well, of course. I don't know everyone. But they look like Turtleback Ferry names."
Dothan: "Just the greedy ones according to what we know. So... lots of greed down that way."
Kaven Windstrike: "It's not like a pleasure barge is a haven for ascetics."
Dwyn: "well, Mr. Fancy Words"
Kailiana (Zen): [b]
Illian speaks a little louder, "Under the floorboards, perfectly stacked coins...this net might be cast wider than we first thought."
Samaidriel: Pat spilled soda on his computer
again, he'll be back
Eldthor: [lol]
Samaidriel: or not, he says its not turning on
Kailiana (Zen): shit
Dwyn is going to say her prayers and turn in for the night. She'll volunteer to take the last watch - i.e. the earliest morning one.
Illian: [Oh shit
Eldthor: [Call it a night and finish on the boards?]
[After he has a chance to soak his keyboard in rice?]
Dothan: Oh damn. That sucks so bad.
Samaidriel: its a lappy
Dwyn: Noooooooo! Is it right on a laptop
Samaidriel: Andrew, call him?
Annamanué: on it
Kailiana (Zen): So, the general rule for trading in things is half price, right?
Annamanué: going to Casa De Votra to see if I can salvage the machine
Dwyn: That sucks, argh! I've saved the keyboards by flipping them onto a towel right away, but never tried with laptop
Dothan: Yes. Half list price when selling.
Dwyn: Ok y'all, while we are hoping for the computer to be cured...
Help me out with my armor situation
Illian: Can we tick off the sins we've already found?
Eldthor: [So I take it that's it for the night. At least in terms of RP.]
Dwyn: Lust, Greed, we're still on greed?
Illian: [I think so]
Kailiana (Zen): Seems like it.
Illian: Wrath
Dothan: Wrath/Anger was in Sandpoint at the start.
Kailiana (Zen): [Where was lust?]
Dwyn: Oh, I thought Nualia was Lust but maybe they just sprinkle a bit of that everywhere and call it good
Kailiana (Zen): I think she was wrath...
Samaidriel: he literally put in a new keyboard YESTERDAY
Dwyn: That sounds right
Oh no way, that is terrible
Illian: That sucks so much!
Eldthor: [Ugh. Hope it can be saved.]
Dwyn: Hopefully it just needs to dry a bit
Illian: What was the Misgivings?
Dwyn: Is jealousy one of them? Because I thought that was part of the problem over there
Eldthor: Was the Misgivings part of the 7 deadly sins? Or just a way to blackmail Foxglove?
Carbohal: he might have been jealous
Dothan: I think Wrath and Greed might be it so far.
Illian: Was Xanesha also looking for greed?
Dothan: The others are what? Lust, Envy, Gluttony...
Dwyn: So I have this armor, Nualia's breastplate,magical +1. I'd like to get it enhanced magically but that takes time, right? So maybe I'm better off somehow trading it in for another +2 armor or something, like a Heavy Armor. What do you think?
Yeah they were looking for the Magnimar greedy
Eldthor: Yes, Xanesha was greed. Though she was less subtle about collecting than Lucrecia.
Samaidriel: The misgivings was a sin.
[that was meta]
Illian: Pride, Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, Lust, Sloth, Greed
Dothan: Dwyn... if you want to up your AC, you're probably best off looking at +2 half-plate or some such. It'll cost you 5 G's (or less if you wait around for Anna to enchant some for you). Then you'd be looking at a +10 armor bonus.
Dwyn: I could get +3 half plate for 9600?
Dothan: Almost. You'd be a couple hundred short maybe?
Dwyn: I still have some money so I think it's ok
Dothan: I think +3 is 9000 for the magic, 850 for the armor, 300 for masterwork... so 10,150 total? Someone would have to double check that.
Illian: That sounds about right
Kailiana (Zen): Dothan, how many charges on that Wand of Shocking Grasp again?
Illian: So I could get +3 Darkleaf Armor for 9760, because masterwork is included in the price for the special material
Dwyn: What is the difference between regular half plate and agile half plate?
Samaidriel: so it doesn't look good. Pat says he is giving up for tonight
Kailiana (Zen): heavy sigh
Annamanué: As I have his laptop, that makes sense to me
Samaidriel: Andrew is going to try to save it
Dothan: Agile allows you more freedom in climbing and moving. You can still run at full speed.
Samaidriel: oh, hi
Annamanué: time to get to work on it... night all
Illian: Good night, andrew! Pat and SB have a great trip!
Dothan: Good luck!
Samaidriel: thanks dude
love you guys!
Eldthor: [Good night. I'm going to call it a night as well. Have fun at Disney SB & Pat. See y'all in a couple weeks!]
Carbohal: Ya, travel safely! Gnite all
Samaidriel: Night!
Illian: Night, Bill, El!
Dwyn: Good luck, hope you manage to restore the computer to its full functioning
Kailiana (Zen): Yes, have a great trip!
Illian: Oooooh, talking swords
Dwyn: That computer thing sucks, ahhhh
Dothan: So you could do non-agile half-plate for 9,900. Or you could go all out on +3 full plate and do the whole knight-in-shining-armor thing for 10,800.
Dwyn: I have about 1700 GP so I'm good with whatever; armor is my #1 need plus a few arrows
Illian: Wow, weapons are expensive!
Dwyn: Hey are you guys coming to visit us again this time on your route? Or on the way back?
I have an actual guestroom now
Dothan: 25
Kailiana (Zen): Thanks!
Illian: Yes, one of those two things.
Dwyn: Hey one other question, can we get more sphere CDs still and/or can people listen to a little of it on itunes before they would order it? Like a sample?
Once you get into heavy armor, apparently someone has to HELP you get into and out of it
Illian: Yes, we have 420 left :) And you can listen on www.sphereensemble.org/Divergence
Dwyn: That sucks, and it takes forever, so if you're surprised, you cannot be sleeping in it and stuff
Illian: And hear whole tracks.
Dwyn: Ok I might look into that; we are going to be buying a new violin(s) and have to have much commerce with music people
Illian: And iTunes also has the minute long samples
Kailiana (Zen): So, if you were selling a wand, the number of charges left would probably decrease the value below the halfway point, no?
Dwyn: Thanks, I will give out your links and such
Illian: It is much appreciated by me
:)
Dwyn: No problem, I figure if enough people hear it, you know... so here's another question
My kid was in a summer orchestra playing that Halleluah song. But obviously arranged by someone else
So do you like rent or sell your arrangements of the music, that it might be played by others?
Illian: Oh shit, you just reminded me I have to get that music together!
Dothan: Yes. Heavy armor requires help, but without going to Heavy, +3 Breastplate will be the best you can do right now.
Dwyn: Because not only is she in two regular orchestras, she's also in some other chamber group and stuff now, and I would bet you the people that organie those would be into it
They are always looking for more popular type music that the audience will recognize, you know, and the junior high set will like. But these are really talented players - they could tackle fairly difficult arrangements.
Illian: Um, the licensing is complicated on sheet music. I'm not actually sure who I have to contact to secure permission. So what I've been doing so far is telling them to make a donation to Sphere and then we let them use the music....I'll try and figure out more of those things in the near future but it's complicated as hell.
Dwyn: My feeling is that I'd rather someone had to help me into the armor and then get the +11 AC boost, vs. trying to have +2 breastplate But maybe I am wrong. What do you think - is that a big issue? +3 breastplate gets me to +9 from armor vs. the +11 from heavier armors
It's basically AC 25 vs AC 27 and I'm at 23 right now
Illian: I think having someone help you into the armor is fine.
I mean, not me, but Kai or Dothan would be happy to help.
Dwyn: AC 27 would be a major improvement
You could stand on a stool...
Illian: True enough!
Dothan: Dothan would love helping Dwyn with armor. It's so dramatic.
Illian: You can be her squire
Kailiana (Zen): I would love to be your squire!
Illian: Shieldmaiden
Dothan: Shieldmaiden!
Singing Shieldmaiden!
Dwyn: I want to say there was some kind of shirette group of flag/pompon girls at a high school we used to play
The Shirettes, I swear
Kailiana (Zen): (I almost said groom, but that is for horses...)
Dwyn: I have no shield though - just armor
Dothan: Bah! Details.
Dwyn: You could be Platemaidens
Kailiana (Zen): But you're a meat shield!
Dwyn: Steelmistresses
Touche!
Kailiana (Zen): (For US!)
Dwyn: I am your shield, and you are my shieldmaidens? That seems very weird
Anyway, Hal has a shield, and I have no idea what armor he's wearing.
Illian: Furies
Dwyn: I really do think the plate is the way to go. Otherwise I will be made mincemeat of if we keep fighting big bad things like recently. I've just started getting hurt and hit regularly and that didn't use to happen as much
Probably should also start giving myself a +1 spell before going into battle
Illian: It kind of highlights your evolution anyway.
You left Sandpoint Dwyn, and you're coming back as the Foehammer
Dwyn: Yeah, Dwyn was very morose anyway and now she's panicked, angry, and even more morose
With a big hammer, yes. But don't forget the blade/pick side. The poky slicy part is very useful too.
Illian: Hammermaidens?
Kailiana (Zen): So, by my calculations, I should be able to get about 4,320 gp selling the wand of Vampiric Touch ... Think it sounds like a good thing to sell?
Illian: Dwyn the Lucille-bearer
Kailiana (Zen): I wanna be.... Your sledgehammer
Illian: Cannonball?
Dwyn: Oh God, So BAD
BAD
Illian: Wrecking Ball.
Dwyn: BAD
AAAAAAA
NOOOOOOO
I think you should sell the wand
Illian: Yes, sell the wand.
Dothan: I'm up for selling Vampire wand.
Kailiana (Zen): But it can give me extra hit points...
Dwyn: Because you usually would be using lots of other better spells and things in battle and it's a bad wand anyway, and the cash could give you enough for something awesome
Kailiana (Zen): And do damage to opponents...
Dothan: Through necromancy!
Dwyn: You could get a +2 protection ring and still have plenty left over for something major
What is Kays AC?
Illian: Building better health through necromancy. United Vampirist Without Borders
UVWB
Dothan: I'm out! Good night!
Dwyn: That was the last straw apparently, she cannot take any more
Kailiana (Zen): 19 unmodified, but I usually have Mage Armor and Shock Shield cast.
Illian: Goodnight, D!
Dwyn: let me know if you are coming here
Illian: I will!
Dwyn: I don't need much warning, just some kind of warning
Illian: I have to figure a bunch of things out.
Kailiana (Zen): [Yeah, I'm planning on selling the wand... 3rd level spell wands are really expensive!]
Dwyn: Mainly in case someone has a depo or early AM meeting
Illian: The easiest thing might be for me to head to Mike's on the way out, 'cause I want to meet everyone, and then head to your place on the way back.
And have someone pick Mike up
Dwyn: Yeah, if you start from his place early AM there is no point stopping here at all unless you just want lunch
Better to drive thru, and then stop here on way home
It's not great for Mike because if he just kept pushing longer he'd be home, but for you itbreaks things up into reasonable drives
Illian: Yah.
Dwyn: But it's great for Mike because then he can stay with us! I will let him sleep with Runanide
I snore, so you know
Illian: Oh...well...oh my :
)
Dwyn: He can try to pry secrets of Paranoia out of him
Illian: Mwahaha
Dwyn: He is so convinced I am playing. Are both of you playing?
Illian: I am not
Dwyn: I am totally not playing
Kailiana (Zen): Well, I should probably call it a night too.... Later!
Dwyn: He thinks I behave suspiciously! Like, what am I doing?
Illian: Good night, Zen!
Dwyn: Ok, goodnight you two, I had better try to clean my kitchen.
Illian: Good night!
Dwyn: It will be great to see you soon!!! Can you bring cello or no room
You could play my cello!
Illian: I'm thinking about it, but I don't know if there's anywhere to really keep it safe. I COULD play your cello :)
Dwyn: My poor cello has been neglected of late
I need new strings REALLY badly
It's a crisis situation
Should be solved before you get here though
Illian: Larsen Crown's are a decent set
Dwyn: What kind of string set up do you use
I think you may have told me this already
I have always liked Larsen strings in past
Illian: Mine is Larsen A, Larsen D, Larsen Magnacore G, Magnacore C
If you don't want to drop 450 on a set, try the crowns
Dwyn: That sounds good yes, I would rather save the 450 for a new bow. My bow is also tragic and probably won't be solved before you come here
So you'll get to experience a kind of slumming with bows, a gutter bow event
It will make you feel so awesome when you touch your own bow again!
So thankful that you do not have that beast
Illian: Yes. My bow probably saved my career right out of school. So I am very thankful for it
Dwyn: That is a kind thing for it to have done
Ok I am off to cleaning and bed and SNORING! Woooohoooo!
Illian: Alright! GOOD NIGHT!
Wheeeeeee
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:17 pm

The chat archive is sooooooo long. We should search it to see who M is. I am sure we have heard of an M before but my collapsing ability to remember anything is messing things up.

Anyway, is it possible to download, save it in a few places, and then refresh it? Usually I'm solid for computer stuff over here but lately we're having massive problems with the WIFI (like just now, when I had to reboot it all) for reasons unknown.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:51 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:32 pm

I will get Andrew's copy in the next day or two. I'm going to start at the beginning and update all of the character/creature entries in the Journal. I like the Journal.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:57 am

Check the . I've posted a link to a Google drive and a PDF version of the chat archive (minus whispers), and should have a Word version available soon.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Runelords”