Calendar (Oct 2018-present)

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Calendar (Oct 2018-present)

Postby Zen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:14 pm

YAY!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Dammit. I'm gonna be late. Might be 9:15 EST. Might be 9:45. Start without me.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:30 am

Tonight? I might be a little late; my son has an away swim meet. Don’t know if we’re going or not. If we do, I’ll be late.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:31 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:50 am

I have a show that runs for the next 5 weeks. So, yay, food and shelter, boo, no runelords. Though it's turning into a gig from hell, so maybe I'll get fired or it'll flop or I'll quit before then.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:29 pm

Sounds like we're probably skipping the swim meet and my wife and I will be going out for dinner instead. So I should be able to join the game on time (or an hour early, if that makes Zen happy).
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:03 pm

I've finally got power to my laptop again, so I will be there tonight.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:49 am

Tomorrow night! We get to raise Anna, destroy a lich phylactery, forge weapons in Runeforge, and set out on our path to reunite with Sam! (Assuming we can fit all of that into a single session, of course!)
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:09 am

Tonight's the night!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:28 pm

Tonight is the night. My mental space isn't too well lately. I've been under a lot of stress, which is, ultimately, self-induced and probably in no need of being there in the first place. But that's the way I roll. Just please don't expect too much epicness tonight. I would rather not cancel.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:28 pm

I will answer the various questions that have appeared tonight. I haven't had time to really check the boards or look things up.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:41 pm

If you're there it's going to be EPIC automatically! You can't help it! You can't stop your EPICNESS! :banana:
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:13 am

(I'm going to be there on Thursday.........I'm excited.)
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:28 pm

WOOT!!
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:08 pm

might be traveling on thursday, will update as possible, no playing while driving this time, Im afraid, unless spouse can handle device....hmmm
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:01 pm

You young people and your euphemisms.

I will not be there until 9 because I have to be in three places at once between 6 and 9. Not really sure how I'm supposed to accomplish that but I definitely won't be available online.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:15 am

I'll be there!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:38 am

Bill: Excellent phrasing... at least for this group...
Phoebe/Lucy/Elle: Why should you have a problem being in three places at once? There are three of you!

I don't foresee any issues with my being there... if I don't seem ALL there, it might be because I expect I'm coming down with yet another sinus infection and my head might not be entirely working correctly...
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:16 pm

Quick recap for Phoebe/Dwyn, since she didn't show up last night:

We defeated the golem, recovered some treasure from the sarcophagus in that room, then went back to the runeforge pool to rest. During our rest break, Sam showed up! She was able to get all of the keys out of the statues and make her way back to join us in Runeforge. (So we know we'll be able to get back into here if we need to!)

We then proceeded to enchant our weapons with the sex toys and mirrors. We decided the order will be: one of Illian's swords (in case something goes wrong, he's got another), Hal's sword, Dwyn's Lucille, Thor's bow, Illian's other sword, Kay's rapier, and if there's enough juice left in the pool, we'll do Dothan's bow, Anna's dagger, and finally something for Sam.

Starting with Illian's sword, Anna approached the pool with the components (toy and mirror fragment), and the components began to vibrate. ;) She dropped them in the pool, and it turned a golden color. Illian took his sword near the pool and felt it drawn to the water. He dipped it in, let go, it submerged and then was spit back out and the pool returned to normal, while the sword had some ancient Thassilonian runes on it now.

And right then is when a ray of light shot from the pool to the statue of Karzhoug, which came to life (or at least animated) and spoke to us in a deep, booming, Thassilonian voice:

"You. Again. I can't help but be inspired by your optimism, but alas, your weapons will never reach Xin-Shalast. Your fate is death, here in Runeforge."

We then began battling the statue. We got through about 1 round of combat before stopping for the night. And by the way, based on his attack against Illian, the statue has an attack bonus of +43 and a damage of 3d10+15. So he's a serious mofo.

Return to “Runelords”