Questions for DMDarcs

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Questions for DMDarcs

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:15 am

Don't know if it's useful to have a separate thread for stuff we need official rulings on. Darcs has always been good about answering questions, even when they're mixed in with a bunch of our inane discussion stuff. But I figure it can't hurt either.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Questions for DMDarcs

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:18 am

Crafting magic items: I know that I can have someone assist me (providing a +2 bonus), but does that assistance require that both characters invest the full amount of time of item creation? I assume so, but I don't see an official answer from Paizo on how much help is needed to get the assistance bonus.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:35 am

Via Crafting Arms and Armor, can I craft items that require spells that I dont have yet? Can I Craft a Keen Weapon from a scroll of Keen Edge without being 10th level, as long as I'm relatively confident I can pass the skill check?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:03 pm

Actually, I know the answer to both of those: Yes and yes.

If a spell is required, you can get the spell from anywhere... scroll, wand, another caster. I'm planning on relying on Anna and Sam a lot for spells for items that I craft. If you are missing a spell, then raise the spellcraft DC by 5.

And I would have thought that caster level was the minimum caster level required to make the item, but there's a specific clarification from Paizo that says it is not. So you CAN create it... it just has a higher DC.

Darcs may rule otherwise for his own game though.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:44 pm

The only exception to that is if the requirements list caster level requirements of the creator, like with "Spell Storing".
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:05 pm

And that.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:45 pm

How much money specifically can I get for trading in my magical +1 breastplate armor from Nualia, on a purchase for better armor?

And before I would do that tradein, seriously, does anyone else want or need my current armor???
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:54 pm

500 + half of what a masterwork breastplate costs. Sooooo... 675 gp total?
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:27 am

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:28 am

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:28 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Darcs, I just posted some timeline stuff in the timeline thread that needs your guidance/approval (along with everyone else's) before we move forward.

Also, after the Mayor's office, Dothan wants to find a library in Magnimar in order to get a new knowledge check on Ethillion. She'll use a scroll of Fox's Cunning to boost her Intelligence, plus her wand of Heightened Awareness for another +2, and she'll take 20 on the roll. If Ethillion falls into the categories of Arcana, History, Local, Nature, Planes or Religion, that gives her a result of 40 plus library bonus if there is any. At this point, she'd be happy with just figuring out where to start looking. Or the name of the person who checked out the Ethillion Reference Manual years ago and never returned it. Anything.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu May 04, 2017 12:50 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu May 04, 2017 3:26 pm

I think that has to do with the standard treatment of ammunition in Pathfinder. When you look at making magic arrows, for instance, all the costs are based on making 50 arrows, and if you want to make less than that, you have to prorate the cost accordingly. It's essentially saying that 50 arrows are the equivalent, construction and material-wise, as a full melee weapon or the bow used to fire the arrows.

This certainly does seem interesting. If you enchant a melee weapon, you (or the weapon's user) are the only one taking advantage of the effect. But if you charge a quiver full of arrows, anyone who is firing arrows can use from that quiver and take advantage of the charge. That could really increase our ranged damage potential, if we have Kay, Eldthor, Dothan, Dwyn, and Hal all using their bows.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu May 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu May 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Yeah, and since I won't be leveling in that class anymore, it won't increase... (Oh, and I haven't figured out how to get the text to take the extra activations from the favored class selection into account for some reason. I took that 4 times, giving me two extras, so I have 9 activations of Thundersataff total.

Tahlvin's comment about arrow creation and cost brings it totally into perspective. I noticed the 50 arrow thing when I was pricing special arrows a while back.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:42 am

Cross-posting to this thread, from , asking whether darkleaf cloth leather armor is available in Magnimar.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:55 am

If I write up Dwyn's activities in Magnimar, do I need to take account of the possibility that something is... wrong with her boyfriend? Or just proceed in blissful ignorance? How would he respond if she mentioned the resemblance?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:59 am

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:21 am

Return to “Runelords”