Lazy Loot

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lazy Loot

Postby Phoebe » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:32 am

This post is mostly for Hal because computer/internet issues may have prevented you from getting this part. We got some sort of Book of +2 from Regimen (exercises, nutrition?). Since it's a blood-encrusted Thassalonian book, it looks extremely suspect to Dwyn and, assuming that like many fighters she takes her nutrition and exercise regimen to be practically sacred territory, she isn't inclined to use it. I don't know if it's a one-time one-person deal or what. Anyway, Eldthor could use it but I didn't know if you were aware we received it. And of course, under the current circumstances of duress, Dywn is unlikely to overcome the persuasive force of Dothan. That's the situation though.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Re: Lazy Loot

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:19 am

So what I could glean from a cinematically disintegrating connection was this: We figured out a way to loot the rotund wizard and crack open his floating throne. We found a rod of absorption, that catches spells and allows powers casting (obviously this should go to a wizard). We found a cloak and ring (maybe protection, but we should inventory compare and upgrade who we can. Hal really likes the opportunities presented by the dimension door cloak, and maybe there's a way to add resistance to it, or just figure out that it's not worth it, but it was really handy against that archer golem...fans of heroes of might and magic know the value of being able to cross the battlefield quickly)

We also found a collection of scrolls. This is where the connection began to affect my picture resolution to the degree that I couldn't name one. Yay scrolls. Hal can use magic items, but don't know about scrolls. Clerics and wizards are best for scrolls, maybe be nice to know what we have available.

Hal has a 20 strength. Dwyn has a great strength. Illian and Kay use finesse to add dex to damage instead. If this is a one off +2 for one person, we should determine who's better off having the +1 damage, etc. How easy is it to boost Thor's bow to take advantage? If it's easy, he's really the one who most often gets full attacks. Dwyn and Hal are moving into position often, so really Thor presents a +3 opportunity if we can boost his bow. If that's hard or low on the list, I'd suggest Hal only because his base damage isn't what dwyn's is, and we'd be generally raising our impact at the bottom rather than the top, which helps in case of the DR we've been experiencing.

Also something about rods, maybe a backpack. The rods held that throne up? Do they constantly defy gravity? Can they be used as air pitons? They're very nifty, but application unclear.

Then we were in battle again, and I couldn't keep track of anything. Laptop is recalibrating, diagnosing, doesn't look good. As this post reveals, phone totally inadequate for internet tasks. I'll pop back in for updates.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:32 am

Kay would consider using the book because she recently swapped out her magical STR enhancement for magical CON and DEX enhancement, which dropped her STR bonus back to her natural +1, rendering her +2 masterwork short bow as a decorative accessory as opposed to a weapon. Also, in the long run, she would LOVE to use her DEX bonus for damage, but her sword is currently not enhanced in that manner, so she only uses Weapon Finesse, not Agility. So adding +2 STR would give her an additional +1 damage bonus until such time as her rapier can be enhanced and she can get the +7 DEX bonus as her damage bonus... (However, once we enhance the rapier in using the mirrors and dildos, that will increase the cost and time required to do said enhancement, so it may take a very long time to get that done.)

However, moving Dwyn or Hal's STR up into the astronomical level as a permanent ability increase seems like a good idea to me. I mean, Kay has magically enhanced her DEX up to 25, but will continue to seek ways to increase it that don't go away when you remove the belt as well. (She'll continue taking DEX increases at 16th and, if we reach it, 20th level, which would put her natural DEX at 23 without enhancement.)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:12 am

The rods were immovable rods. Press a button, and it remains in exactly the same place until the button is pressed again. Would definitely work well as magical pitons for climbing up wherever we want. Or for practical jokes, like placing it right above someone's face while they're sleeping, so they hit their head when they wake up. :)
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:51 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Strap the immovable rods to the bottom of a pair of boots. Use a high Acrobatics skill to balance neatly on them. Use Mage Hand to press the buttons as needed. Now you can use your invisible stair-stepper to walk on air to anywhere.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Or fly instead.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:41 pm

When being chased at high speed, wait til they're almost on you then release one locked in place at belly height. Like dropping a green shell.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Those sound way too fun. I'll try to check the chat for the list of scrolls, phone is impossible. We'll dither for a few more moments about the book. What fresh hell are we facing? I thought it might be grue mummies but lost all hope soon after...
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."

Return to “Runelords”