Campaign Timeline

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Campaign Timeline

Postby Elle » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:07 am

Did we march there, scout and fight all on same day? Then if so, we spent night and today is Moonday, when we wend our way down to TBF and hopefully start back to Sandpoint.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:57 am

Yes, the march and battle of Hook Mountain happened all in one day. We spent the night there resting, and marched back to Fort Rannick on the next day.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:46 am

So today is the 16th, Moonday. I assume today is the day we arrive at Magnimar and do our shopping, and then the 17th Toilday is the day we hightail it to Sandpoint?
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:26 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:11 pm

Here's my timeline of stuff from the time we leave the Mayor's office:

16 Neth
Afternoon/evening - Everyone finishes their shopping/trading/carousing, etc. Also, Dothan wants to find a library and do a research roll for anything about "Ethillion".

Evening/night - packing, and Dothan and Eldthor explain what happened with the Mayor. There is disagreement on what this means for us and what our responsibilities are and/or should be. Dothan plans to go to bed angry.

17 Neth
Morning - Leave bright and early for Sandpoint.

Daytime - Some discussion on the road about Rannick and Turtleback Ferry. If everyone else comes around to the idea of establishing ourselves at Rannick/TBF, then Dothan will accept a "Fine, whatever!" attitude. If there is still division, then she will be on the side of not doing this. More than anything, Dothan will try to stall and put off the conversation by insisting that we not decide anything until we can size up the situation in Sandpoint and figure out what's going on.

Evening - check in at the Rusty Dragon. We drink and sing and celebrate our homecoming. Maybe some more heated and drunken discussion.

Early in the morning hours of 18 Neth, Dothan will have the epiphany that will finally bring her around to embracing the idea of helping Rannick/TBF.

All of the above is predicated on the idea that Darcs says we can have an uneventful journey and homecoming, and that no one else is doing anything too unusual.

18 Neth and beyond...
At this point (assuming all that comes off okay), do we have a day, or maybe even a few days to act normal? Dothan has relationship stuff to explore and socializing to do, plus research and crafting. Dwyn will certainly have family business. The team as a whole needs to work with Hemlock and the leading families of Sandpoint to decide how to prepare for potential trouble and do some research into the potential causes of said trouble. Not to mention actually implementing said defenses. Somewhere, Dothan needs to hike to the Misgivings to collect samples. Etc.

So Pat, you don't have to give away exactly how long we've got, but can we start with a day or a few days and have everyone begin to construct our stories, or do we need to hold off and take it a bit at a time?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:17 am

So if I have the timeline correct, 18 Neth is when we fought the Second Battle of Sandpoint and defeated the dragon, 19 Neth was the ambush/destruction/disposal of the remaining giants, and as we left things at the end of the session, the party (minus Dothan and Hal who are still in Sandpoint) are making camp for the evening, to return to Sandpoint on 20 Neth. Sound correct to everyone?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Seems reasonable.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Right. Officially then, you guys were gone three day... leaving out early on the 18th and returning late on the 20th, giving Hal and Dothan 3 full daylight cycles to get stuff done. For Dothan, that means all the research etc noted previously, plus the Misgivings trip, plus some magic item creation time, which now puts her at halfway to finishing her journal.

Just three days of down time, and I can have this finished.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:54 pm

So that puts us at the 21st and returning on the 22nd?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:18 pm

Just to clarify. I think that puts you back on the 20th.

Followed the giants out of Sandpoint and tracked them through the 18th. Ambushed them in their camp in the wee hours of the morning on the 19th. After handling that battle and then the laborious process of disposing of the dead and healing our wounded, the team decides to camp out on the 19th and head back to Sandpoint on the 20th. That makes for a full day of travel on the 20th to arrive back that evening.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:16 am

It was mentioned in the session last night, but I'll post it here so people have a chance to dispute it if they so want, and we can make sure everyone is on the same page.

My understanding is that we began our assault on the cave with the undead spiders after dark on Kuthona 10. We fought our way into the initial part of the Jorgenfist basement (which I would assume would put us at very early morning on Kuthona 11), then rested for 8 hours. So our recent adventures behind the secret door and with guards and cook should be taking place sometime roughly early afternoon on Kuthona 11.

Hard to believe that months of real world time has passed, and if you remove the 8 hour rest break, only a few hours of in-game time has passed. But that's the way it goes.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:45 am

Every time I check the timeline now, I start singing "My Kuthona." We need to get to the end of this month.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu May 18, 2017 4:55 am

Now for the important timeline question: how long did we take in the basement of Jorgenfist? We started our assault on the bug cave after dark on Kuthona 10, we stopped for one 8-hour rest break, and then proceeded to clear out the rest of the basement and eliminate Mokmurian. So is it still Kuthona 11? Or have we been going long enough that it is now Kuthona 12? I'm thinking it is late in the day on Kuthona 11, if that's okay with everyone else.

By the way, while it's been maybe 24 hours in-game since we started our assault on Jorgenfist with the attack on the undead spider cave, my journal shows that the session where that all began was December 15, 2016. So it has taken us about 5 months of real-time to play through about 24 hours of combat-heavy, in-game action.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu May 18, 2017 8:37 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 18, 2017 8:55 am

I agree with Tahlvin's assessment that it is likely late on the 11th.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu May 18, 2017 9:44 am

Yeah... I'd say that's right, since we have had only one rest period since the bug cave and things have moved along pretty quickly, in a manner of speaking... (It would be nice if we have some time after this to rest up before the next threat, eh... Maybe retrain some skills, like a couple of levels of escape artist... see friends... get new fancy equipment... I'm thinking a magic bow would be good with the way thunderstaff works... If we have time I'd rather have my own bow enchanted...)
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu May 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Would also give us some time for some RP, even if it was just on the boards. It's a little difficult for me to grok that Anna and Sam have only been with the group for what is effectively 5 weeks, but as I look at it, its only been a little more than, what, 4 months of time elapsed in game since the game started?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu May 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:16 am

So if we agreed that it was late on Kuthona 11th when we defeated Mokmurian, and it took a couple hours for Conna to join is, I want to figure out the timeline for the ongoing things. It would have been either very late on Kuthona 11th when we talked to Conna, or early on Kuthona 12th. So when she said the clans were meeting "tomorrow at noon", she either meant noon on Kuthona 12th (if we were talking on Kuthona 11th), or noon on Kuthona 13th (if we were talking on Kuthona 12th). Then we rested for 8 hours, checked out the library, then headed up to face Mokmurian's friends (2 lamias, 2 small red dragons, and 1 giant that seems to come out of the dirt floor). If we're doing this on Kuthona 12, and the clan meeting isn't until Kuthona 13, then we have about 24 hours to eliminate the friends before the clan meeting. But if the meeting is on Kuthona 12 at noon, then we only have an hour or two to eliminate these guys before the clan meeting. So which is it?

I'm thinking it works best if we talked to Conna really late on Kuthona 11, and the clan meeting is at noon on Kuthona 12. After our 8 hour rest, it would be mid-morning when we opened the library, and about 10:00 in the morning when we start facing the dirt giant. So we have less than 2 hours to kill Mokmurian's friends before Conna meets with and disperses the clans. Does that sound about right?

Return to “Runelords”