Campaign Timeline

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Campaign Timeline

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:43 am

During the session, Dmdarcs said that it was late afternoon, I believe, when we were talking with Conna. That gave us time to rest up and head to the library getting there at between 4 and 6 am, after the standard 10 hours of rest (8 hours for everyone with 2 hour watch shifts.) then we went straight up to the next level and found Loki's star chamber. So, it is most likely early on the 13th, I'd say. somewhere between 6 and 8 am. So we should have around four or five hours to take care of business.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:22 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:21 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:12 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:45 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:48 am

So Phoebe, where were you last night? I figure you were drinking another bottle of wine by yourself. Why do that, when you could have joined the rest of us on Roll20 and still drank your bottle of wine. We could have really used Dwyn's help last night.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:48 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:52 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:27 pm

OH MY GOD I completely missed the game. It's TERRIBLE. The things going on in my life are absurd. I am SO sorry to have missed it, and I could have gotten on at least for a few minutes in the last hour. AIEEEEE THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:31 pm

OMG what happened???? Were people hurt by harpies? I have to log on and read back through the archive. Aughhhhhh I am distraught!!!! Worst of all to miss the session on a night when you needed THE HAMMER! UGH, agony.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:50 pm

We opened the door to the dark tower and saw three harpies hanging around higher up in the tower. While I started firing arrows at them, Illias had the idea to go to the center of the room and try to intimidate the harpies into leaving without us having to fight them. FIghting ensued anyways, and Illias was injured by the harpies. We were causing some damage, but then the tactical situation changed completely: a wrapped mummy floated up from an open trap door in the floor and began attacking all of us, harpies included. Dothan, Illias, and Sam are all paralized with despair, and I believe one of the harpies is also paralized. One of the harpies was killed right before the mummy arrived. And the mummy attacked Kay with some sort of grave-breath and took away two of her levels.

So as things stand right now, half the party is disabled, including our cleric (so no turning undead right now), and one of the remaining people is two levels lower than usually. Hal just arrived at the end of the session and will be joining the combat at the beginning of the next session, as Dwyn hopefully will as well.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Oh man, I am soooooo sorry I wasn't there! Ugh, this is the worst. And now the agony of two more weeks until the game! I seriously cannot believe that happened. Also the damn crybaby emoticon doesn't work. I can't even express, I look so forward to this for two weeks, and then.... Pppppppfffttt!!!!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:42 pm

So it's Sunday and eleven days until runelords. I want to throw myself under the train like Anna Karenina. I chose my love affair with work and look where it got me - missing my favorite game ever. Immoral priorities. The moral of the story is, never choose your lover over your kids no matter how vital to happy life he may seem, and hold the Thursday night sacred so you won't miss your game. Misery is the result.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:04 am

So I'm pretty sure you guys are busting my balls, but if you're not, I would like to say this in my defense and to assuage my own anxieties.

It was my job to go in first. It was my job to distract all the harpies from the rest of you and get them into a more accessible point for everyone. I was the fighter, and just because I don't have as many hit points as Dwyn or Hal, it's my responsibility to take the brunt of the combat. They weren't there, I did what I could. Yeah, I engaged them with talking, as I usually do, but it's so I could go into total defense. At no point did I feel worried for my safety, and not because I knew there were healers or that you would come and rescue me, but because I knew I was going to be hard to hit and that if I died, I died doing what I was supposed to be doing. If the mummy hadn't showed up, we wouldn't even feel like we were in any danger what so ever. Besides, I'm supposed to be able to handle fear, it just didn't work out this time. I rolled a 4 (I think, something low). That wasn't going to help us any day.

Pheebs, I don't think our situation is as dire as things are currently being described.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:37 am

Really, it's the flippin' mummy that's the problem... And the fact that it appears that most of the folks who can impact it failed their saves... (The one good saving throw I made was to avoid being scared out of my mind...)
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Yep, if it were just the harpies, we'd be taking a few lumps but otherwise be fine. But that darn mummy...
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Perhaps this is hubris talking, but I'm not that worried about the mummy.

I'm with Eli. I don't think the situation is quite as dire as what has been described... but as I said, this could all be hubris.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:20 pm

Perhaps I just have mummy issues?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:30 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Return to “Runelords”