Gluttonous recap

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gluttonous recap

Postby bralbovsky » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:34 am

If I am hearing you right, she could pop into this plane, but location tricky. Wouldn't want her to end up, for example, in a part of wrath that we hadn't finished, Their boss is still around. Most other segments are survivable with some notable exceptions, traps, etc

I was looking at the ioun stone Hal has. A) don't know how it works....think it absorbs spells, but clearly not automatically. B) Someone like Sam should have it because if Hal goes down, we have other blades, but we don't have a deep spellcaster bench. Maybe take this moment to recenter the whole inventory to make sure we're where we ought to be.

Will take Paladin again, critical focus rather than something weird (those nifty spells would be nice to have, but they take too long) Means Hal would crit with his sword on a 17, disarming activates, etc.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:33 am

On second thought, we almost certainly DON'T want Sam to try to plane shift to us... given the potential miss range, she might not even get back into Runeforge... for all we know, she CAN'T plane shift here.

We know we don't have the keys to get back in here if we were to leave, so I'll leave it up to y'all who are still alive to decide what the route to take.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:41 am

Oh you're alive too now (I think). Just with 2 negative levels until we find Sam.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:48 am

While Sam might have the ability to cast Plane Shift, one of the material components is a tuning fork tuned to the destination plane. And unfortunately, we've already determined that the tuning fork we found that is tuned to Runeforge's plane is still with us in Runeforge, rather than with Sam back in the real world. So I don't think it's even a possibility to have Sam try to plane shift back to us.

I think we're just going to have to make our way through the halls of wrath until we find the actual exit from Runeforge, at which point we can rejoin Sam. Until then, we need to destroy a horcrux (I mean phylactery), raise Anna (we ended the session before actually raising her), forge/enchant our weapons in the Runeforge pool, and rest.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:20 am

First thing after reviving Anna is a Sending to tell Sam we are all well and we know where she is. We're coming for her.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:23 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:09 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:48 pm

I have work, I'm sorry to say. But good luck, one and all!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “Runelords”