We're out!

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

We're out!

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri May 17, 2019 8:22 am

So once again we find ourselves on the cold northern plains, surrounded by stone heads. Now that we've finished with Runeforge, what should be our next port of call?

Are there things that need to be checked on?
Are there people that any of us need to see?

I dont think we need to jump directly into the next phase of the adventure... we've been away in these hinterlands for a WHILE, and it might serve a good purpose to regroup and settle down for a couple days. I'm just wondering what everyone is feeling like.

Cheers!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: We're out!

Postby Zen » Fri May 17, 2019 10:45 am

I think we need to teleport to a major city and trade our goods, buy a new sword for Illian so he doesn't have dueling weapons... as in weapons that are dueling each other, not weapons designed for dueling... like Kay's... Whether we sell Illian's sword or store it in case we need it later is another question...

Kay would like to use the time to work on making more arrows. She currently only has the materials for 16 more durable arrows, but she will buy more when we go shopping.

Question for DmDarcs: What would it cost to add the "Agile" enhancement to Kay's rapier at this point? I presume it would probably be far too expensive in both gold and time to even bother with, but I thought I'd check. Otherwise, looking into purchasing a +4 belt of Physical Perfection to or upgrading her Belt of Physical Might to a Belt of Physical Perfection by adding +4 STR to it so she can improve her damage bonus... (The cost difference between the two is 24K gold, so it would cost 12K gold and the associated number of days, with the Bull's Strength spell, to enhance her existing belt, I presume... She would then be able to use her +2 strength bow again, or sell it and buy a +3...)

We also need to find out what has been happening here on the Prime Material during the last 11 days, and there's nothing quite like a major city for that. We could also dispatch someone to Sandpoint and Fort Rannick to get sit-reps from there... I presume Dothan would like to go to Sandpoint...

This is presuming that Anna has the ability to teleport us all together now...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri May 17, 2019 10:52 am

It is my understanding that if you add agile, you will not /also/ get to add your strength bonus. One or the other, not both.

[edit: but now I reread and see the or. *eyeroll* I think you'll be good.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri May 17, 2019 11:10 am

Illian needs to upgrade and update his gear. He may need to have 2 sets of weapons. The transmutation blades, and another set. He's not sure he wants to upgrade the transmutation blades further.

If he were to get new weapons:

He would like them to be greater than +1, which is what he currently has (+3 would be great).
He would also like them to have the agile property (which would SIGNIFICANTLY increase his damage output.)

If he were to get new armor:

He's never going to have a high armor class and DR is out of the question. (Oh my god, I forgot that I have 25% resistance to critical hits.) It may be that he should focus on getting equipment that increases his other abilities. Maybe he should switch to bracers of armor, and have some other tunic/shirt for his body armor?

As far as WHAT to do? Illian will follow everyone else. But he thinks revisiting Sandpoint is a good first step. I suppose we should check in at Fort Rannick, too.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri May 17, 2019 11:43 am

Eldthor's all up for visiting Magnimar for a trading/shopping spree; we have to sell the loot we got that we're not keeping, and he needs to re-stock on arrows, especially some bane arrows. A visit to Sandpoint is good, too. As for a visit to Fort Rannick, it would be nice if it's on the way, but not a real high priority.

The big thing we need to figure out is where this runelord is located, where this Xin Shalast, or whatever it is, is located. That means some research by Dothan and the other smart people in the party. If we can do that with any of the books we've picked up, that's great. Otherwise, we may need to revisit the library at Jorgenfist. If we have to go to Jorgenfist, Fort Rannick would be on the way, so a quick stop for a day or so at the Fort would be nice.

Or did we already figure out where Xin Shalast is located? I don't recall if we asked the quill, or if we already found out from one of the books, but it was in terms of Old Thassilon and we just need to line that up with what the world looks like now.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri May 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Sandpoint, Magnimar, Jorgenfist, Rannick... all good ideas. Dothan wants to be in Sandpoint, but we have stuff to do too.

Dothan is only holding on to her bow for the transmutation resistance. If we survive Karzoug, she's selling the bow. Not compatible.

Illian should sell one dominant blade and work on buying his dream set of blades. Always keep one dominant one around though, just in case.

I really just need to see how much cash we have. Dothan will buy stuff, but I don't know what yet.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri May 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Yeah... does anybody have a freakin' clue how much cash we've got?
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Fri May 17, 2019 9:05 pm

I will ask the quill if it can draw us a detailed map of the road to xin shalast.

I suspect either some of the books we have or the librarian will be able to supplement this with good intel, so that's at least a partial library visit. If the old books don't have high cash value, I'd consider integrating them into the library, and making that stronghold our own.

Fort Rannick is a little out of the way. It would make a good satellite, but maybe just for folks who can teleport.

For Illian, there is a gauntlet you can buy that quiets the voices of weapons with personality. Don't know if it would settle your dispute, but it's worth a try.

We're likely headed into high sltitude, terrible places, so if the dragon carcass and the rest of our take is enough, I'd invest in either necklaces of adaptation or omething else to cancel out the weather and other ancient environments. poison gas, all the ancient crypt perils.

Hal's questions are similar to others' but I'd still like to invest in silence arrows or something that cancels out all the spellcasters we've been facing.

And I repeat my suggestion that we find a way to cast mirror image as a standard buff. It hugely dissipates firepower. Hal would not even have got a shot on that woman if she hadn't had mirror image, she would have gone first round.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat May 18, 2019 5:28 am

Also, can we find out what sort of guards this runelord had when he was alive, as we will probably have to face those same sort of guards trying to get to him? Giants? Dragons? Snake ladies? Just wondering what sort of bane arrows I should be purchasing in anticipation.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat May 18, 2019 7:30 am

So excited that we are OUT!!! Well as a player it fun to be in there, but speaking for Dwyn, NOT FUN! Great to be in normalish place.

Visiting Magnimar as best hope for trading gear/buying things seems good. Also a way to pick up on any developments in the news in the last few weeks, which as we know can involve wild and weird things.

Dwyn would also like to visit Sandpoint and Fort Rannick, and would probably want to beg off and do that instead of revisiting Jorgenfist, which was a low point for her, mentally.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat May 18, 2019 7:35 am

Crucial item of info about enchanting weapons: I think I missed the session where they were enchanted, or I fell asleep at 11 or something. Dwyn would not at all be feeling good about having Lucille be enchanted by a sihedron-anything, but that might turn out conveniently because we happen to have found that +2 Halberd she is presently carrying around and to which she has no emotional attachment, but it would certainly be a good weapon for enchanting if it's already at a plus 2 and does D10 damage with a higher Crit. It's still a polearm so still gets some feat bonuses. So what I'm saying is that I think Dwyn would have preferred to enchant the plus 2 halberd, but if that's crazy talk let me know.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat May 18, 2019 9:50 am

I'm sure Pat will retroactively have allowed you to do that. We had a lot of discussion in which we were sure Dwyn would have a problem with all this, and I think Pat even said you could decide which weapon (if any) you had done whenever you returned.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 am

As long as the halberd was found before the enchanting, and not after.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Mon May 20, 2019 1:40 pm

The halberd, if memory serves, was the weapon that the High Lady Anaphylaxis or whomever we fought at the very end used, just before we got out, so enchanting it instead of Lucille isn't possible... though, if memory serves, Dwyn has multiple weapons, one of which I'm sure she could enchant in the event that she needs the effect but it isn't your primary.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon May 20, 2019 8:18 pm

No worries, this halberd is from two years ago and I just never use it. This is back from when I got rid of the ringed sword from Halifax. It's still a powerful weapon even without weapon focus, as still has the general polearm bonuses and +2, but it has the advantage of not bearing a special sentimental value.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue May 21, 2019 9:29 am

Ohhh... THAT halberd!! I totally forgot about that one... and I guess the one that whats her face was using was a ranseur, not a halberd... Sorry, my mistake :D

I don't know about you all, but I can't WAIT for next Thursday... aside from being a year older by then :flame:

Also, this:

Last edited by Bluedevyl on Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue May 21, 2019 11:27 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Yeah, if it's nothing too complicated, I can craft at 1 day per 1K of crafting cost. (As opposed to the normal 1 day per 1K of retail cost).
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue May 21, 2019 9:55 pm

Evidently the servers don't like direct linking to the comics... I changed it to a link instead... the funny thing is, the image is actually showing up on your post right now, even though it was broken when I came to check the thread.

Yeah... birthday is a couple days before we play, but my wife is gone all night, so I'll be spending it with my kids taped to the walls so they don't mess up the house further.

TTFN!

I also think we are of sufficient level that we could put agile on a couple of weapons, given enough time.

Return to “Runelords”