We're out!

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: We're out!

Postby Zen » Wed May 22, 2019 10:29 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu May 30, 2019 9:10 am

So we can teleport up to 1300 miles in one go, but Anna has to know the area that she is teleporting us all to into very well in order to not have a teleport "mishap".

According to interactive map of Golarion I found, it is about 300 miles from where we are now to get back to Magnimar/Sandpoint. I'd recommend us going back to Sandpoint first and then heading to Magnimar later on.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Fri May 31, 2019 9:05 am

So, I'm not sure if Tanks are just expensive, but I'm trying to predict what we'll face, and 30k (after tithe) is a good start.

i actually had some thoughts for Sam.
I passed on the spell absorbing ioun stone. If she buys a shining wayfinder (2k) she gets the ability to absorb spell as an immediate action. Worth it.
If we had a magic missile wand left, she might hang on to that too, for those moments before healing but after encounter.

Saw lightning leaper boots, in case Kay was totally in on electricity, Can turn into lightning (10.5k)

As far as Hal goes,
Armor good, has 2 levels of potential, maybe store a spell? (later)
Shield, likewise
ring +2
Ac is 34 at this point, smiting boosts it 3

Sword is good, especially since his divine bond is up to +3 (which allows branching to effects, like Holy)

On his list, submitted here for comment or advice:
Avenging Knight bracers add +4 to smiting damage base. (10k) Bonus smiting damage moves to over 20/hit, not including huge strength bonus.
Stagger proof boots, 30 instant movement (2k)
Unfettered shirt - freedom of movement once a day (10k)
Giant Strength Belt +4, (16k)

That's 6k over
Mirror Image wand?
Necklace of adaptation (9k) if there's a thing that allows freer underwater combat, maybe that instead?

Can pass on his scarab to Dwyn, or swap
considered Gorgon Belt, +4 strength and a paralysis aoe (23k) not sure if it's worth the 7k extra
Going to forego headband of charisma until next time, like to go with +4
Ioun stone for charisma with wayfinder is 8.5k, and adds +1 will depending on how darcs plays it

Other stuff with resistance etc was pricey.
Seriously looking for experienced consultation.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri May 31, 2019 10:25 am

If we are indeed going into the mountains to find this Xin Shalast, Mountain is one of Eldthor's favored terrains, so I assume he'll know the . If not, DMDarcs, feel free to chastise me appropriately. Not sure if we'll have time to acclimate ourselves appropriately to high altitudes. If not, we're looking at Fort saves on a regular basis, so anything that improves your Fort save will be helpful.

For Thor, I'm thinking of picking up a golembane scarab, and a good supply of dragonbane and giantbane arrows, since those seem to be the sorts of creatures this Karzoug likes having around. If I have enough left over, I'll upgrade the +2 ring of protection to +3 instead (+4 will probably be a bit out of reach at this point).
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri May 31, 2019 12:37 pm

You know... it's probably worth it to have a golembane scarab on hand to swap out with the amulet of natural armor when we run into those things. Kay will buy one as well and keep it in her haversack. I presume it would only take one round to swap the amulet for the scarab out of the haversack?

(Cash isn't really a concern yet, Kay still has 20k gp left with the cash she had going into this spending spree... Of course, she hasn't paid for her arrows and durable arrow supplies yet...)

Types of arrows Kay would like to purchase, in order of preference:
Adamantine: Any quantity available
Elysian Bronze: up to 40
Cold Iron: Up to 40
Alchemical Silver: Up to 40
Mithral: Up to 40
Fire Forged Steel: Up to 40
Frost Forged Steel: Up to 40

She will purchase supplies to convert any arrows she buys to durable arrows. When she knows what is available for purchase, she'll decide what she can afford to buy and start making arrows for her husband, and herself, now that she has a usable bow, to use.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri May 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Shopping time:

1. Dothan traded her +2 Glamered mithril shirt for a straight up +3 mithril shirt. (7700 gp)

2. She also exchanged her +2 Headband of Alluring Charisma for a +4 version. (14000 gp)

3. Shells of Sending. (Give one to Oshar) (12200gp)

4. Also bought materials to upgrade her +1 Amulet of Natural Armor to +2. (3000 gp and 3 day.) However there is no hurry on this. If other people would like upgrades first, Dothan can wait on the amulet.

Still have 4,000 (ish) gp leftover. Probably want a couple wands, but haven't decided yet. Might get materials to upgrade the new headband for Int and/or Wis as well, since it's so cheap, but then I worry about becoming a different person. What happens eventually when I put on the headband and get 4 points smarter, 4 points wiser, 4 points more charming? Sure, I'll finally learn to play the holophoner, but will it really be me?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri May 31, 2019 7:19 pm

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:54 am

You are a wonder.

If you're dumping a charisma headband, I can likely cover the cost of that. I felt a new one wasn't urgent enough for the +1 bonus.
In fact I am moving from a +2 to +4 belt (I think the gorgon is cool, and gives aoe, but not really worth 7k extra unless someone disagrees)

I'm uncomfortable monopolizing your time. I know, team effort. Let's say...without a conference about resources and next steps.
We should decide roughly how long our break/administrative visits/shopping/sojourns home will take, and budget time appropriately. I think that's the list for Hal, until maybe before we make our final push we have some cash to upgrade armor sword or shield (maybe a spell slot, dispel magic, damnation, disarm aoe, or something nifty and potentially meaningful)

Darcs, Hal isn't headed anywhere, this IS his family. so whether he's at jorgenfist or rannick or magnimar, when we have decided to settle I'd like to gather all the sketches and maps, and have the quill help me draw as detailed a map of the pathways inside and around xin shalast as it can. If it takes two weeks, if it takes follow up questions, let me know, I'll compose them. I'll be taking care of party business, reading the strength book, and if I'm in the library, doing research on the Peacock thing (My first consideration is alignment and compatibility with Iomedae) in that order
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:56 am

Hal has a golembane scarab, and enough smites to carry us through, also adamantine is his main.
If he's going to get something like adaptation, or something else weird, his golembane is available.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:28 am

Cost is no issue to Dothan. She still has 10K leftover. Use your cash for you.

Also, Dothan has her one selfish item to create so she can text with her girlfriend, but after that, it's no big deal to donate spare time. I know Kay has a couple things to upgrade, and I'm sure others do too. So we prioritize, and Dothan can take them in whatever order people want.

On a meta-level, we are entering Book 6, and once it ramps up, there's no telling how much crafting time anyone will have. So maybe Dothan can get through everything, or maybe it's only one or two items. So get stuff in the hopper here, but I don't want anyone missing something important because we thought we'd have more time.

But essentially, every free day we have means another 1000 gold the group can save. Multiply that by as many crafters as we have...

Although we also need to do some research and spend time with loved ones etc. Hmmm. I'm rethinking priorities.

You know what, Dothan is impatient and has more cash than she knows what to do with. I'm just going to buy the Shells of Sending outright. Since the start of this relationship, they've never had more than a few days together before Dothan has been pulled away for weeks or more at a time. She's not going to risk it happening again before she can get these shells done.

So now... my time is wide open to anyone who needs wondrous items created or upgraded.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:53 am

Dothan's shopping list updated above.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:45 pm

Buy all the things, guys! Go get them!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:46 pm

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:08 am

The boots may be the most cost effective way to manage as a party. I know the adaptation necklace is amped for gasses etc, but it may be overkill if these boots are available.
Do they ever hybridize stuff like that? (I immediately thought of K when I saw the lightning boots)

As a party, I wouldn't object to getting K and Thor the kin glasses for a wedding gift.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:40 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 am

We may want to pick up a number of doses of for each of us, if we're able to find any.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:14 am

Return to “Runelords”