Shopping/Crafting List

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Shopping/Crafting List

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:29 am

Hey all,

We've got about a week before we play again, and we seem to have a pretty substantial list of things to purchase or craft. I thought it might be useful to have a comprehensive list of things we're looking to purchase or craft. We could also list our potential crafting feats in case a PC has the ability to craft things that maybe we were unaware of.

We just came into a LOT of ready cash, and it would potentially be good to know what we're on the lookout for or to save a bit of cash by crafting.

Annamanue: Craft Magic Arms and Armor

Shopping list: A metamagic rod of some description. The ones that she can currently afford are either Empower Spell or Persistent Spell. The one I REALLY want is Quicken Spell, but it's WAY more money than she has currently. Empower and Persistent are both 32,500 gp a piece. Quicken Spell is 75k, and as amazing it would be, that's like 2 and a half shares of the gold we just came into. Not realistic at this point.

Thanks team!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Shopping/Crafting List

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:46 am

Annamanue: Craft Magic Arms and Armor
Dothan: Craft Wondrous Items

I thinks that's alls we gots? Kay crafts arrows, and I have no idea on Sam.

So list things people want and we'll prioritize. My inclination is to start with the cheapest stuff, because it goes quick and we can crank out an added +1 bonus on smaller stuff in just a couple days. But I can mix it up if that's what people want.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Magic Items:
In priority order:
Already on my sheet:
Agile Enhancement to Rapier - Cost: 14,000 gp (Already deleted the cost for crafting from my wealth - I think we've already agreed to this last Thursday)
golembane scarab - Cost: 2,500 gp (Already deleted purchase cost from my wealth, so if they aren't available I'll have to adjust)

Not on my sheet:
Boots of the Winterlands - Cost 2,500 gp
Circlet of Persuasion - Cost 4,500 gp
Sipping Jacket - Cost: 5,000 gp
One of:
Kinsight Goggles - Cost 7,500 gp
Eyes of Keen Sight - Cost 6,000 gp
Goggles of Night - Cost 12,000 gp

Types of arrows Kay would like to purchase, in order of preference:
Adamantine: Any quantity available
Elysian Bronze: up to 40
Cold Iron: Up to 40
Alchemical Silver: Up to 40
Mithral: Up to 40
Fire Forged Steel: Up to 40
Frost Forged Steel: Up to 40

She will purchase supplies to convert any arrows she buys to durable arrows. When she knows what is available for purchase, she'll decide what she can afford to buy and start making arrows for her husband, and herself, now that she has a usable bow, to use.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Thor wants:
Arrows, dragon bane and giant bane, which cost 8,302 gp and 5 sp per 50 arrows to buy, so should be 4,302.5 gp to craft (we still pay 100% for the cost of the 50 masterwork arrows, right?). Or 50 of each for 8,605 gp. If we're prioritizing, I would say we're more likely to face more giants than dragons, but the arrows will be be more effective against dragons than giants (giants are a favored enemy of mine right now, so I get other bonuses to hit and damage against them), so it's a toss up.

He's also getting a craptastic ton of normal arrows, but that doesn't cost much and doesn't require enchanting, so we're good.

Besides that, he's looking for ways to increase his AC:
- He has a belt of incredible dexterity +2, which would cost about 6,000 gp to increase to +4.
- He has an amulet of natural armor +2, which would cost about 5,000 gp to increase to +3, or 12,000 gp to increase to +4.
- He has a ring of protection +2, which would also cost about 5,000 gp to increase to +3, or 12,000 gp to increase to +4.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:37 pm

Once Kay finds out about the magic items and arrows available and knows how much cash she has left, she might want to have her amulet of Natural armor increased from +2 to +3 or +4 or maybe her ring of protection increased from +2 to +3 or +4... Those might be better uses of her gold... (Now that she thinks about it... Especially compared to a Sipping Jacket... though that is kinda cool)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:33 pm

As a matter of strategic goals, I'd suggest we really think of investing in the quicken spell thing
I know there are lots of cast time limitations for Hal, and I can only imagine they're magnified for Anna, so ultimately worth it
Can anybody craft one?

Kay, regardless of other availability Hal has a golembane available because smiting mostly gets through DR, and since we have multiples we get the detection benefit
so save your 2k

Sam has the ioun stone that was pointlessly floating around Hal for a while.
It absorbs some spell levels
A cool wayfinder costs 2k, and amps the stone to catch the spells on immediate rather than having to prepare.
I don't want to lose our cleric again. I'd suggest this is a strategic necessity

Hal would take someone up on the crafting list
Bracers 5K, 5 days (Avenging Knight, ramps smite)
Boots 1K, 1 day (30' immed. movement 1/day)
Shirt 5K, 5 days (Freedom of movement (10 min/day)
Belt upgrading from +2 belt, then 6K, 6 days)

Adaptation necklace 9k
Also whatever we were credited from Dothan's headband, Hal's would use that. 2k
That's 28k which means either 2k to throw toward the rod, or if we decide to wait on that...

Hal's wish list

Wand of mirror image 4.5k
Pink and green sphere ioun CHR +2 8k
if I get a wayfinder, (500gp) it adds +1 will, depending on how it works in this universe
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Hal's armor, shield and sword,(all rolling in at +3 I believe) are already pretty solid, so expense for upgrade is getting crazy even DIY

Having said that, I know zero about the rules and real costs
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:31 pm

The real factor for crafting here is time. How much time do we have? I don't want to metagame this too much, but I don't know any other way to approach it.

We know we have at least a few days, because Pat said it will take a few days to sell all our stuff. So I feel safe saying we have a week. A week means 7000 go worth of crafting, which so far seems to mean ONE item from the assembled lists that Dothan can make.

If we get as much as two weeks, then we're up to three items from Dothan. A month? Okay, then we're in chips, and I can get through 30K worth of stuff.

But here's the rub, this is book 6. When the hammer finally falls, we're likely done with crafting as the adventure carries us to the end. If you've bought the materials for it, then you've lost the cash, you don't get that object, and we may not have time to go shopping again before we have to go. If that comes down after, say... 9 days... are you ready to move out? And if I'm in the middle of upgrading an item when we hit the road, then you are doing without that item entirely until I can finish it, at one-quarter speed, if I get to work at all.

With just 3 people chiming in, I'm looking at 70 or 80 days worth of stuff, and I know there's plenty of stuff I could do for the other four if time allowed.

I'm going to start with Hal's boots, since I'll have those done in a day. Then I say people start giving me orders for stuff that's 6K or less, and I'll just take turns. So tell me what I make for you first. We'll see how far we get.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:38 am

I'll plan on Thor buying his arrows. I agree, time is the concern, and I don't want to run the risk of being caught without the arrows. Time permitting, I'll plan on Dothan or Anna upgrading my ring of protection and/or amulet of natural armor. If one of them can get to it, great, if not, it's (hopefully) not the end of the world.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:03 am

So, Dothan has a bunch of amulets and rings to upgrade.

Anna has at least 1 sword to enhance, which will take 14 days. That's going to eat up a BUNCH of time, but that's one thing we might have a bunch of.

Illian might want some enhancements to his new sword(s), but we can find that out on Thursday.

We can't craft the rod that Anna is looking for due to no one having the correct crafting feat. Anna might consider picking up craft rod in her retirement, as it is a REALLY good way to make money once you're not traipsing around the countryside slaying God-Kings.

I'm super excited about our next steps... talk to you all soon!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:58 pm

I'm going to save my mithril +1 anti-transmutation sword. (And sell the other one. Which is just a +1 Shortsword (+whatever the bane property gives.))

If I know what the bonus modifier is for its now enchanted state, I'll know how much it costs to add Agile to it. I'm also going to buy a straight up +2 Adamantine Shortsword with the Agile enhancement. Which will cost me 21,000 gp.) It will also allow me to do 1d4+19 damage with a threat range of 17-20 and my dual-weilding BAB of 22. So basically, 22/21/17/16/12 all the way down. With the cash from the sale of the other sword, I'll still have about 20,000 left to upgrade the other sword with agile, depending, and maybe look at some more armor. I forget that I have light fortification leather, which gives me a 25% chance to avoid critical hits. I need to /not/ forget that.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Alright, here's what I plan to do:
Buy 50 dragon-bane arrows (8,302 gp 5 sp)
Buy 50 giant-bane arrows (8,302 gp 5 sp)
Buy belt of incredible dex +4 (16,000 gp - 2,000 gp trade-in on my +2 belt of incredible dex = 14,000 gp)
Buy golembane scarab for 2,500 gp (Hal can give his to Dwyn, or I'll take it if nobody else wants it. I'll only wear it part-time, when facing a golem or golems are suspected, since I am already using the neck slot for an amulet of natural armor.)
Buy 500 normal arrows for 25 gp

My cash balance after these purchases should be 5,439 gp 4 cp. Of that, 5,000 can go towards Dwyn or Anna improving my ring of protection from +2 to +3 as they have time. But the improvement in the belt of dex should give me a little boost in AC while also helping improve my ranged attack as well.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Zen's purchase list:
20 Adamantine: 1201 gp
10 Elysian Bronze: 50.5 gp
40 Cold Iron Arrows: Cost 4 gp
40 Alchemical Silver Arrows: COst 6 gp
10 Frost Forged Steel: 100.5
Supplies to make these arrows durable: 60 gp

1 Cure Moderate Wounds Potion: 300 gp
3 Cure Light Wounds Potions: 150 gp

Agile Enhancement - 7,000 gp (craft)
Golembane Scarab - Cost: 2,500 gp
Boots of the Winterlands - Cost 2,500 gp
Circlet of Persuasion - Cost 4,500 gp
Sipping Jacket - Cost: 5,000 gp
Eyes of Keen Sight - Cost 6,000 gp
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Question: It takes 5 days to retrain a Feat... If we have sufficient time, I might consider retraining Whirlwhind Attack to Brew Potion if there is someone available to teach the skill in Sandpoint or Magnimar. (Nellah around?) Then I was thinking that, instead of purchasing the few potions I purchased, I might make a few...

I think a Shocking Storm Step potion in my Sipping Jacket would be FANTASTIC! Or maybe a Sonic Scream potion. Or maybe even better: Unerring Weapon Potion.

(So... if I have Unerring weapon in my Jacket, can I use my swift action AFTER I roll the crit to add 4 to the confirm roll?)

Return to “Runelords”