Orik Vancaskerkin

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Orik Vancaskerkin

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:00 am

Something Mike said has had me chuckling all night.

Delek Viskanta, a local Varisian, infatuates Nualia. She becomes pregnant, When Delek finds out, he calls Nualia a slut and flees Sandpoint. She becomes ostracized by her adopted father, and eventually burns the Sandpoint Cathedral.

Tsuto Kaijitsu, also a Sandpoint local who becomes outcast, meets Nualia and becomes infatuated with her. He's very attracted to her, drawing pictures of her as she seeks to turn herself into a demon, but a "good-looking" demon.

Lyrie Akenja, part of Nualia's team, had an unrequited love for Tsuto. To her own admission, it was the only reason she hung out with Nualia in general.

And then Orik. Totally in love with Lyrie, willing to defend her for any reason...and she has absolutely no interest in him.

He is the sad sack on the bottom of the love chain.

Poor Orik.

I'm still laughing.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Orik Vancaskerkin

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:26 am

I didn't remember Delek, but I had the rest from Nualia down to Orik.

"And he's NOT my boyfriend!"

I felt really bad for the guy.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:37 am

The look on his face! It was priceless!

Seriously, I hope we're not going to regret allowing them to remain in charge of Fort Rannick.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:47 am

I love it when a connection pops in again like that! It is lucky Dothan wasn't with us! I bet she still has it in for Dothan. Remember how we were worried she was stalking her at the time, in Magnimar?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:32 am

Yes, Illian, it appears the mayor of Magnimar has signed over Fort Rannick to Orik Vancaskerkin and Lyrie Akenja, who were hirelings of Nualia back at Thistletop. Lyrie was the one you let go free.

Looking at our campaign timeline, the mayor signed it over to them on Abadius 28, because he said we had been derelict in our duty for two and a half months, and even his wizards were unable to contact us. But we didn't enter Runeforge until Abadius 23, only 5 days before that. So he didn't try sending spells until after that, if he even did at all. In the meantime, he says we did nothing. But in actuality, Dwyn is the one who told the people of Turtleback Ferry to go to the Fort and help Vale. And Dwyn was the one who talked to Kjell about having the folks from the temple in Magnimar come to help rebuild the rangers. And if Lyrie and Orik did get the letter from the mayor on Abadius 28, that was only about 2-3 weeks ago (in game time, since it's about 12 Calistril right now). It would have taken them some time to travel from Magnimar to Fort Rannick, so they could not have been there that long at the time we arrived, and they would have arrived not long ahead of Kjell and his group. So while there would be a little bit of time for Orik and Lyrie to help organize things, they actually would not have been there all that long at this point.

If we do end up leaving them in charge of the Fort, we need to have regular check-ins with Vale and Kjell via sendings, to make sure they are running things right. If not, we'll need to pop in and clear up the question of ownership once and for all. And once we finish with Karzoug, we'll stop by the mayor's office in Magnimar and sort things out once and for all.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:23 am

There are also the rumors of a change in leadership in Magnamar. It's possible that neither of the edicts assigning responsibility for the fort have any weight if the mayor is the FORMER mayor.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:51 am

My guess is that if she displays any kind of negativity towards Dothan next time we run across her path, Dwyn will abandon the forgiveness mood pretty sharply. She feels a little guilty for having almost killed Lyrie, who didn't deserve violent slaughter through guilt by association, but if she harbors ill intent towards Dothan - and after all it's only been a few months - things are going to get ugly quickly.

I'm assuming that Thor will set Dwyn straight in her confusion about who is actually trying to claim ownership of the fort right now! And she will assume that the Lord mayor, in his generosity of spirit, surely will sort all this out for them, and after all the point is to restore the Black arrows, right? I think she idealistically assumes that things are going to get back to the proper order in due time.

Return to “Runelords”