Giant Dragon Bear Battle

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Giant Dragon Bear Battle

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:43 am

"Here kid. Have a silver piece to watch our Dragon and Bear corpses!"

"UH... Sure, I guess..."
[Kid is scared out of his wits and doesn't know what else to do]
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Elle » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:23 am

Seriously, that's a question. Sandpoint is ruled by law but it's not without its corruption, and a dragon's hide or even scales are way too tempting - not to mention rumors of what has happened here will spread quickly. I honestly don't think we can leave it behind.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:35 am

If we're splitting the party, Hal can watch the dragon corpse while guarding the giant. And I think we use the rune necklace from the giant to preserve the dragon corpse.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:38 am

I'm staying with it. We have a dragon and some number of dire bear corpses (2?). We will put sihedron medallions on them to preserve them til you get back, and will place them near to where Gunrus is being held so that Hal or I can have eyes on them at all times.

I will be doing some research at the same time, and in my free time, I'll be doing magical research as well.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:03 pm

My understanding of the physics and philosophical model of the Pathfinder world would encourage use of the dragon's hide and even consumption of its fresh heart (if the lore supports it) and not consider those things barbaric.

The whole idea of barbarism is actually our invention, and it's meant more to disadvantage groups who don't happen to have steel so the steel wielders can take their lands and stuff. Sentience, as we are learning every research cycle, is something modern culture has mostly chosen to ignore, or else we move the bar whenever it's convenient to keep every other species out of our club.

I'd hope that the world of paladins and the strength of their faith bears more of a resemblance to older cultures that understood that the lion or bison had a right to the plains, and you had a right to the lion or the bison, with the understanding that there be an obligation to respect the energy you were inheriting. Circle of life stuff. Yes, there may be consequences to wearing dragon skin, other than the advantages, but those go with the territory. Letting the magic or the energy go to waste would be more ethically problematic than using it.

In a quiet moment, assuming Hal is staying behind, I'd like to ask Gunrus about the stories of giants and their reputations for eating humans. Most things, after all, if given the opportunity, do eat humans. We're petty tender as far as menu choices go.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."

Return to “Runelords”