Giant Dragon Bear Battle

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Giant Dragon Bear Battle

Postby Elle » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Eldthor hits the red dragon with his first shot, but just barely. If the dragon were even a bit farther away, Eldthor is sure that he would have missed.

Kay flies up close enough to let out an ear-piercing scream, but it doesn't seem to bother the dragon too much.

Anna flies up close on the other side and lets loose with a snowball. This seems to work extremely well, as the dragon takes a sudden drop in altitude.

The dragon continues to fly away.

Eldthor drops the dragon with his next arrow shot.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:17 pm

Woo!! Go Team!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:00 am

Dragon steaks and dragon armor for everybody! Just kidding; I know Dothan has a moral issue with doing that to sentient creatures.

Still, do we want to question the dragon? :)
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:43 am

Wow... Dragon's dead and we're not... And my Husband got the finishing blow... I'm so proud!

(I think if Dwyn wants to take trophies, we should distract Dothan for a few moments.)

Do you think the Dragon has any information on this whole conspiracy involving the Lamias and the ancient gods or Thassilonian Rituals or anything? He was probably pretty old... maybe...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:25 am

Dothan's okay with trophies or what have you, I suppose. Dragon steaks are right out... eating sentient creatures seems pretty horrifying. But if you want to take materials for magic items or armor or what-have-you, I guess I don't care. It's no different than Bruthazmus the bugbear with his necklace of elf-ear trophies. No different than a giant who wears the skulls of his defeated enemies hanging from his belt. I get it. There's a long tradition of this sort of thing. It does make me wonder how other types of dragons feel when you come to negotiate with them, and you have a fireproof dragonscale shield or some other similar trophy on your person.

But hey... they wouldn't put rules for it in the book if we weren't meant to do it, right?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 am

Sorry I was AWOL on this guys, I essentially can't play on the boards for the foreseeable future, I can only get on the computer at my (fake) lunch break, wherein I shove food in my face while working at my desk. These students are running me ragged, but I love them and my job.....

Congrats on the dragon kill! I'm proud of you and to be part of the group! See you tonight!
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:12 am

I'm a bit torn. Dragonhide armor is not metal, so Eldthor could wear it without losing his druid powers. But moving up to medium armor would limit his DEX bonus. Plus, he's a bit with Dothan on this issue: it's different than skinning an animal for leather goods, and more like skinning a dead elf to make things from its corpse. While some societies may be okay with, it gives him a bit of a heeby jeebies.

Besides, he's worried the red armor would clash with Kay's red hair. Now, if it were a green dragon...
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:19 am

Well... Kay doesn't wear armor so it's up to the others to decide.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:37 am

We may be outnumbered on this decision, anyway... we ARE in a town full of people that were menaced by the thing, they may make up our minds for us.

Outside of that, Anna's not interested in red dragon leather or anything else... she's already got the gear she needs at the moment. Now, if we ever find where it lived, all bets are off.

Good work, everyone! Talk to you all tonight!

:D :D
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:06 am

Kay does have one more thought on the topic... Regardless of whether we have a use for the dragon scales for ourselves, it is our kill and some armorer would probably be willing to pay a pretty penny for the right to use the scales for their craft. It would be unwise to pass up the opportunity I would think. (Wearing it would be garish. But other people's fashion sense is not our problem.)
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:33 pm

First things first: we still have some giants trying to get away to the southeast of town. I believe the dragon was heading north. Our immediate concern, after confirming the dragon is dead, should be to neutralize the remainder of the giants, and hopefully capture one for questioning.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Hopefully that was taken care of by Hal and Illian... :)
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:01 pm

Couldn't... Being used as carrot.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Better than being used as the stick...
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:05 pm

shiny, shiny, sharp.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:12 pm

He only said that it dropped. It's still not clear that it's dead. I think we had better go check it out. But if it is dead, it's an evil animal no different from a lamia being an evil snake. Dwyn would have no problems skinning a lamia and no problems skinning a dragon. It is a mass murderer. Think of Smaug.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:13 pm

That's why I have a wallet made of genuine Tsuto-leather.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:53 am

So before we headed out to chase down the remaining giants, can we say we dispatched someone to retrieve the dragon corpse for us, and that they will keep the dragon and dire bears for us until we return?

Also, is it safe to say we get a night's rest before the giant ambush, so we have a chance to regain spells and abilities?

Return to “Runelords”