Yetis with touch attacks

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Yetis with touch attacks

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:36 am

Hey all, last night we pilfered some trinkets from the Yetis, no soap on more sihedron tokens to get through the barrier.

Did the math: smiting, adamantium, dominant...which gets past most DR ..29+32+35+32=128 (that's not counting the two crits)
He was solo. No telling how unpleasant this might have been with his friends there.
I had been thinking that our primary hazard was groups. That's apparently a miscalculation.
We may want to readjust our strategy and leveling expectations. I had been hoping to avoid experience grinding.

If that's a taste of creature durability, we also need to be more cautious than cautious, because that means nobody is easily coming to the rescue of squishy party members.

One final thought I woke up to: what kind of attack was he going to do that was a touch attack? Some kind of freeze ability?
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Yetis with touch attacks

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:34 am

A. I think that was a very special yeti. The leader is bound to have some levels on him that bump him up. Much like finding a group of orcs who are no real threat in general, but whose priest-chieftain is a Barbarian/Cleric-9/6. I would expect a mob of yetis to be very little fun, but probably not insurmountable or particularly deadly for us.

B. Yeah, I'm sure it was cold damage on those claws.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:38 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:51 am

I'll help with that check. Not sure what you want, so I rolled several skill checks in Roll20: Knowledge (Nature) 43, Knowledge (Geography) 30 (+2 for favored terrain Cold, or +4 for favored terrain Mountain, if you want), and Survival 36 (+2 for favored terrain Cold, or +4 for favored terrain Mountain, if you want).
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:01 am

I mean, we did kill the chieftain in 2 rounds.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:04 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:05 am

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:20 am

Absolutely not complaining, Hal rolled two crits in two rounds, insanely lucky.
just envisioning if the initiative had been reversed, Sam was in range, could've been really bad.

More like an object lesson in strategic positioning.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:44 am

Hey,
Is that mansion stationary once you cast it? or can it possibly be transported?

also, looked up bronze Griffin...would like to put Hal on the consideration list for it.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:15 pm

I know there were three things that were magical, so I did three spellcraft rolls:

Spellcraft Roll: 33
Bronze figurine of a griffin (moderate transformation)

Spellcraft Roll: 39
ring (moderate transformation)

Spellcraft Roll: 24
kukri (The jackal-headed symbol of Lamashtu is etched into one side of the blade) (moderate necromancy)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:45 am

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:52 am

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:06 pm

ok, so especially if nobody else is deeply interested, Hal will throw in for the griffon.

Suggest Sam or Anna takes the ring as a backup for a missile weapon and to potentially keep things away.
I know Sam probably has the invisibility ring handy too, but it might be a good idea in reserve.
Not sure what Anna has for rings
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Please tell me Anna has a sequined robe and huge diamond rings on each finger. Oh please oh please oh please.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:02 pm

Though I'm sure everyone has been caught up elsewhere,
Last episode, we randomly met a toxic blob of some kind.
We took damage when we approached it, damage when it hit us, damage when we hit it.
took lots of damage, hid away for a day, then finally arrived at hepartic locus.
We were greeted by a bug like entity that I swear was on the cover of an old D&D book, maybe not the cover, I'll try to find it.
Dothan and this thing (It's flanked by two scary skull headed spiders) are in a slightly testy conversation.
There seems to be a trend of independent agents that either predate or superseded Karzoug, and as the giant we spoke to said,
Aren't really friends with him, but share his appetite for destruction.

After all, only an idiot enters blindly into an alliance with someone who is chaotic evil and pretty much guaranteed to betray you eventually.
Stay tuned, maybe Dothan can talk us through.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:58 pm

Return to “Runelords”