Giant Hunt - Post Dragon Battle

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Giant Hunt - Post Dragon Battle

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 am

I can heal a LOT right now, just so you guys know. I will not use any on giants though
Last edited by Mrs.Darcs on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Elle » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:56 pm

That is very good - i don't think we should heal any giants. We have the one who can provide us intel, and that bad one needs to stay good and dead. But maybe if you can focus on healing Illian and give a little boost to the rest of us who have injuries, we'll be able to finish off the three fleeing giants. I feel like it's a risk but one that will make the whole town safer in the long run. Otherwise if they run back to tell M that the thing he wants is still in Sandpoint, and they can describe all of us in detail, in a short time we'll face a double-sized raiding party back to do the same thing harder. At least if nobody comes back he'll have to wait a while to figure it out, or we can buy time to prepare for worse.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:48 pm

To clarify: Teraktinus is dead. Healing will not help, you'll need to burn a raise dead or something similar to get him to talk.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:04 pm

Well that settles that. Hopefully drop the rest of them and then get to looting and hope he's got something incriminating on him.

Otherwise, we'll see what Dothan found out when everyone gets back.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:40 pm

So do things like Cure Light Wounds (and all the rest) work on a broken leg, or will I need a restoration spell for that? At least I'll get to be curmudgeonly for a while again!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:53 pm

Well, whatever happens, we will do whatever it takes to make sure Illian gets healed up. This may mean we need to sit on our butts in Sandpoint for a while and rest. That is fine. We need to research, we need to search for whatever it is they wanted here, and we need to work on preparing the town's defenses for a potential Raid #2 of larger size. All of this will take time during which, hopefully, Illian can be getting some R&R.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:40 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:34 pm

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:53 pm

Lesser restoration is on Hal's daily spell list, and he has used it several times. If Illian can be carried to Sandpoint, Hal will gladly fix his leg.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:26 am

Lesser Restoration is also on the druid spell list, and Eldthor just so happens to have it prepared. So he can get Illian patched up in no time. That way we don't need to carry his lazy butt back to Sandpoint; he can walk on his own.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:55 am

Illian (and player), don't worry about calling Eldthor an ass. I (as player of Eldthor) don't mind, and it fit with the story, even if it might have been overboard. I thought about typing up a whole response, but it was late and felt it was better handled on the boards, so I just had Eldthor bite his tongue for the time being. But the gist of it will boil down to: Eldthor cares about Illian and Illian scared him by wandering off, knowing he's vulnerable and perhaps suicidal to begin with! Illian thinks Eldthor's an ass for the snarky comment? Well right now Eldthor thinks Illian's an ass for scaring the group and not realizing how much he's needed and cared for.

Would love to post more, but have to go wake up my daughter for early morning swim practice. More to come later, hopefully....
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Runelords”