Dothan stays behind

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Dothan stays behind

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Assuming everyone but Hal and Dothan goes off chasing giants, Dothan has a lot to do while they're gone:

I'm assuming Gunrus can be in shackles in the old lighthouse so that he doesn't require full restraint. The preserved bodies will be kept nearby so that Dothan and/or Hal can keep an eye on everything all at once. Dothan will have her magic-journal-crafting stuff with her to get in another half day of crafting each day the others are gone.

Diplomacy on Gunrus every 24 hours. Assuming he starts at Hostile, Dothan can bring him around to mutual respect, and then friendship as long as the rolls go well. (Good idea, Elle).

Knowledge (local) to figure out what I know about the Plateau People. Local research might be included, and if Gunrus's attitude keeps changing for the better, he is also a resource.

Knowledge (history) for the lighthouse. Find the local scholar who knows this stuff and see what I can learn from them.

Knowledge (geography) to figure out where Jorgenfist is.

Knowledge (arcana? religion? local?) to determine what local stone may have been Tiki-taki's target in Sandpoint.

Make a trip to the Misgivings to gather a little mold for Illian's cure. (Misgivings is close enough for a quick day trip, right?) And then keep researching Ethilion and specifically what magic users may still have the knowledge and ability to help me acquire some.

Some alone-time with Oshar. I assume that's some sort of Perform skill?

Assume that Hal is doing the tactical planning stuff with the local authorities when it's Dothan's turn to giant-sit.

All of these assume we have at least two days and that nothing weird happens while everyone else is gone.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dothan stays behind

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Modestly worried that they'll miss Dothan if she stays behind. Eight giants, maybe more. One badass wielding two picks, although he was hurt. Probably ok, but without Hal and Dothan it's not a slam dunk, like it might be otherwise.

Is it possible that Sandpoint, (really supportive, relationship-wise) has folks who are as skilled as we, perhaps more, at getting the resources from the bears and dragon, burying, or burning, the dead giants (We should ask Gunrus), and much of the question answering that needs doing? If she's doing research of a kind that will advance her particularly, I see the reason for her to do it personally, and I know a high level Bard does it better and faster, but if it's something someone else can manage, I'd move that Dothan's additions to the party's damage and rolls in general has made a huge difference in our encounters, and I'd hate for them to be without her.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Re: Dothan stays behind

Postby Zen » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:20 am

"I totally see Dothan's reasoning for staying and I think we can handle these giants without you two." Kay says as she prepares to ride out of town.

[mumbling to herself after casting the message spell on a few of the group travelling out of town]Is this me being over confident and reckless again? I promised myself I'd work on that... Yeah... then I go and get myself grabbed by a freaking bear! What an idiot! Three of us against three bears and two giants was it? And I go and start attacking just because I had the drop on it! IDIOT!!! But, then again, watching Illian and Dwyn take down those bears in seconds like that was so impressive... I really need to just stay on the outside and dash in and hit the tender spots like I'm best at and leave the heavy hitting to the people that are best at it... I'm not saying this out loud again, am I?]

"Yes, dear, you are." Eldthor says aloud.

"Damn!"

Dothan laughs, "Go de-stress by killing some giants, Kay. I'll figure out where this 'M' is so we can take him out later."

"Be safe, Dotty! You too, Hal!"
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “Runelords”