Where do we go?

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Where do we go next?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:59 am

Try to track down the lamia/head towards Hook Mountain.
14%
Try to locate the whereabouts of the Black Arrows commander, Lamatar.
71%
Search Fort Rannick and Skull Crossing (dam) for ancient evil pools of water.
14%
Investigate the sunken gambling boat.
No votes

Total votes: 7
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Where do we go?

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:59 am

What the heck, I'll go ahead and start the post now so we can vote: I've added the options that were discussed in the thread back on the old boards.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Re: Where do we go?

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm in favor of doing all of these things, at some juncture. I'd lean towards doing Hook Mountain first, that's just me. I understand the pull of finding Lamatar and fulfilling the mission you guys were given by the Lord Mayor.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Dothan is to the point of being swayed by ALL available options, and she'll be happy to agree to any of them as long as we make a decision.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:34 pm

Illian is planning on following Eldthor's idea of going to town to warn the inhabitants of the events that have transpired at the dam. But if he were to go along, he would want to complete the current mission first...but would totally want to tackle all of the rest of these things as well.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Just so you all know, from the DM's perspective, I'm basically ready for any of these options. There might be a case of a hastily made somewhat crappy looking map, but I'm ready.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Dwyn obviously wants to hunt around beneath the dam and fort areas, not necessarily because she expects evil pools, but some trace of this ancient civilization that might help to explain why the snakelady and ogres moved to capture the fort in the first place. We really need to get ahold of someone in the know that Dothan can interrogate, hopefully in the evil character way where they just can't resist telling you about their evil plans.

However, she would easily be talked out of this idea if people said, hey, we're going to track the commander first! Come on! The only real non-negotiable is trying to send a communication to Magnimar at some point.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:19 am

Kay is in favor of looking for the commander merely because she feels we have the best information about where he might be and the best chance of actually finding him. In the back of her mind, she is wondering if we shouldn't be heading to TF to try to help the town deal with Black Magga (or whatever the giant squid thingy is), but, at the same time, she views that as a potentially deadly course of action. The fact that Eldthor didn't see any signs of BM on his flight to and from the town suggests that the ancient beast might not be planning to lay waste to the entire place? Maybe?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:42 pm

Poll is closed. Looks like our next step is to try to locate the missing Black Arrows commander. If everyone wants to spend the rest of Neth 6 at Fort Rannick, searching for pools of water or helping clean and repair the fort, we can set out to look for the commander first thing in the morning on Neth 7. Sound like a plan? Before we go, I would love to stock up on some of those shocking arrows that Jak was using during the battle to retake the fort, if there are some still available.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:47 pm

And of course, a message to Magnimar to let them know the fort has been retaken, but the Black Arrows are decimated and desperately in need of reinforcement.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Absolutely. Illian will take the message to Turtleback Ferry and hire a messenger for it, along with checking that the people of TBF are safe after the flooding.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.

Return to “Runelords”