[In Game] Oct 21 - Nov 3: Thistletop Fell

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Mike
Boy of Summer

[In Game] Oct 21 - Nov 3: Thistletop Fell

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:20 am

This is the thread for actual in-game actions between normal sessions that require some sort of approval/resolution/response from Pat before we can move on. Our character/player discussions can continue in the other threads as normal so as not to clutter this one up too much.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: DMDarcs: In game actions

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:20 am

Our last session took place on Neth 21 as one team visited Thistletop, and others of us went to the Old Light and Father Zantus and the Academy, etc.

Neth 21, evening:
Dothan goes to spend some time with Gunrus before turning in for the night. In her discussion, she will be honest with him that she thinks the team is planning to let him go, although they might have to figure out the logistics of talking it out with the people of Sandpoint. She'll also hint that there might be an opportunity for him in the Hook Mountain area, but she's not sure.

Dothan will work in the following questions.

"So how long will it take Mokmurian to figure out that the raid failed?"

"Do you know if he was communicating with Teraktinus by magic or something?"

"What do you think Mokmurian will do in response if he finds out his raiding party was lost?"

"How long did it take your group to travel here from Jorgenfist?"

I know he's already friendly with Dothan, but in case he's reluctant about revealing stuff about Mokmurian, her Diplomacy is +24. I just rolled an 8, so that's 32 total.

Assuming we wake up in the morning, I'll have more stuff for Neth 22.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:38 am

Darcs,

If you could determine the availability of the following items in Magnimar, as well as the Chthonic Steel for arrows that I asked about earlier, that would be great!

Pliant gloves
Ring of Protection +2
Winged boots
Shoes of the lightning leaper
Glove of Storing
Kinsight goggles
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:23 pm

It's been a hell of a week. I need a day to recover, then I will answer questions.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Holding off on a few things in Magnimar that the rest of the party might want to talk Dwyn out of, can we assume that the following IC actions occur without incident?

- We meet that first night back at the Rusty Dragon and work out our new business arrangements as a group.

- Dwyn, with help from her cousin Alma, other members of the party, or other townspeople, goes door to door organizing small units of townspeople who will agree to be responsible for helping one another flee to safe locations in the event of an attack. Anyone who needs assistance with finding a secure hiding location, or other such matters, will make a list of tasks for Dwyn to handle when she returns from Magnimar.

- Dwyn works with Mayor Deverin, Sheriff Hemlock, or Father Zantus to identify people who live outside of town to the North and East and who might help sound the alarm for Sandpoint. The assumption is that they already have a basic alert system for ocean storms, like most coastal, seafaring communities would (flags? bells? messenger birds? etc) and this system will be extended in the other direction to warn of any giants trampling their way across the countryside.

- Dwyn and other members of the party are able to ride on horseback (or teleport, if others prefer) to Magnimar without further incident on the road there.

Other Questions for DMDarcs:

- Dwyn wants to hire the equivalent of a construction engineer (in Magnimar, assuming there are none in Sandpoint, which would be even better) to work first on defenses for Sandpoint and then, hopefully for Fort Rannick area matters. The person has to know how to build things effectively, basically. How much would this cost for, say, a month's contract, and can such a person be located?

- Dwyn plans to ask her friend from the Deadeye Lodge if he and his mother would like to move to Fort Rannick, assuming we ever make it there. If other party members think that's a poor idea, I'll write out why it doesn't actually happen (or my death in an ill-fated assault on Jorgenfist will make it a moot point). However, I'd like the aid of causal forces outside my own mind to determine whether they would even agree to this in theory.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:38 pm

Hey, so if we're shopping for various items of use from the pathfinder list
cloak of the crusader
glorious tabard
headband/charisma
efficient quiver

magic items not on the list would be anything that could cast
fly
dimension door
dispel
erase (for the symbols)
or silence, especially thrown (sticky) or arrow
These might be handy stopping or closing distance to a magic user

Second line of inquiry, I know I'm being a nag on this, and if they are more common in pathfinder and less remarkable in quality than I expect, let me know, but can Nella give us an idea of what rendering a dragon might produce, and when, also what's the sending/scrying possibility for the lair? Eggs, etc might exist
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:52 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:02 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:24 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:31 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:53 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:00 pm

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Fabulous, thanks much, hope you feel better.

Is it beyond the pale to assume that a scale or two will be roughly identical with whatever might have been shed in the nest, so we're looking for a match?
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:52 pm

Ruling on spells to help in walking through/over snow: does Freedom of Movement help at all? Snow is in between water (helps) and rough terrain (doesn't help).

If not, do you know a spell that does?
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:05 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Is the loot page accurate? There's a list of giant/dragon loot up top, but down below is a "cash-in" list worth almost 10,000. Did we cash that in already?
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:52 pm

I was wondering the same thing... I thought so, but I'm second guessing now.

Return to “Runelords”