Let's Loot

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Let's Loot

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:43 pm

To sell; value known:
(2,500) Amulet Of Mighty Fists +1
(4,158) Dwarf-Bane Heavy Pick +1 (Large sized)
(1,154) Light Pick +1 (Large sized)
(2,090) Hide Armor +2 (Large sized)
(1,000) ring of protection +1
(0,151) large masterwork stone dagger
(0,025) Scroll of Hideous Laughter x2 (from Dothan)
(0,025) Scroll of Summon Monster I x2 (from Dothan)
(0,187) Wand of Shocking Grasp - 25 charges (from Dothan)
(0,990) Wand of Scorching Ray - 22 charges (from Dothan)
(1,935) Wand of Acid Arrow - 43 charges (from Dothan)
(5,000) Medusa Mask (from Dothan)
(0,332) +1 Elf Bane Arrows x4 (from Tahlvin)
Dragon Parts
(0,275) Blood - up to 10 potions of resist energy (fire) or 5 elixir of fire breath (5500)
(1,600) Bones/Claws/Teeth - up to 4 one-handed weapons of flaming burst (32000)*
(1,375) Brain/Heart - tome of leadership and influence (27500)
(1,350) Ears - helm of telepathy (27000)
(1,250) Eyes - eyes of doom (25000)
(0,082) Glands - necklace of fireballs (1650)*
(0,060) Kidney - up to 4 potions of lesser restoration (1200)
(1,280) Ligaments - oathbow (25600)
(0,200) Muscles - belt of giant strength (4000)*
(0,050) Scales - bracers of armor (1000)*
(4,500) Stomach - brazier of conjuring fire elementals (90000)
(0,400) Tail - mighty cleaving weapon (8000)*

To sell; value unknown:
silver armband
pouch of rock salt and powdered minerals
over-sized toothpick x2

To Keep:
marble sized pellet (can turn into up to 50 gallons of water)
(0,200) Dragon Tongue - headband of alluring charisma (Dothan)
(1,350) Dragon Wings - wings of flying (Dothan)

Note that I am putting the Medusa Mask up for sale unless someone else wants it. It takes up your head slot and offers +4 save vs. all visual effects (including gaze attacks and visual illusions) and once per day, a flesh-to-stone that only needs a 15 DC fort save to ignore.

So we have 31,969gp worth of stuff to sell that we know the value of. Plus whatever the tiny miscellaneous stuff is worth.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Let's Loot

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:46 pm

If someone wants to double-check values, I'm cool with that. If anyone wants to claim anything off the list or add anything to sell, let me know. I put all of Dothan's stuff in the group sell list, because other than a couple scrolls, it was all treasure found by the group--nothing that Dothan purchased herself.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Eldthor is also going to chip in his 4 +1 elf bane arrows. I believe they are worth 664 GP. If someone in Magnimar is willing to trade them 1:1 for giant bane arrows, that would be best, otherwise we can sell them and add the proceeds to added to the pot with the rest.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Yeah, 664 is the full value. If you want to wait for a ruling from Darcs about using them for an even trade somewhere, that's fine. But if you just want to put them up now, I'll add 'em in at the 332 resale price.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Should we give any thought to holding on to the weird water/dust pellet thing? I don't ever recall seeing anything like it. I can't imagine how it would be, but should we keep it in case it's important?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:32 pm

It can't be worth much, so why not keep it, I suppose.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:45 pm

We might want to hang on to the wand of acid arrow or the wand of scorching ray as an emergency "keep that thing from regenerating" measure. So we're not wasting spells on regeneration prevention and can focus our might on the things still up and clawing out our eyeballs...
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:09 pm

I get that, but 3,000 to hang onto a "maybe one day might be useful" backup plan seems a little steep. But I'll defer to the group if a few of us would prefer to keep it.

3 grand buys lots of torches and acid vials.

Because against living things, their DCs make them mostly worthless.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Scorching rays Anna has covered. She could easily pick up a scroll of acid arrow and we'd be able to sell the wands and be covered. I really like the idea of picking up a wand of erase though.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:21 pm

First level scrolls and wands have a DC of 12. They're really only useful on things with no save. Therefore, a vial of acid is worth more to us.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:29 pm

Yes, I'm aware of that. I meant I could transfer the spell to my spellbook and cast it. I don't have access to it currently. I should have clarified.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Oh. Carry on.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:28 pm

It's my bad... I should have clarified... I said it in my head, I can't imagine why you didnt know what I meant to say... :D :D :D

For selling the dragon corpse, if that's what we're going to do with it, do you guys think we'd get a better price from merchants or perhaps from a school of magic in Magnimar? If Kay and Anna go shopping, Anna would be happy to try to negotiate the best price, whether it's parting it out or selling it in toto.

Anna doesn't have any spare magic to add to the pot at the moment. She travels fairly light in that regard. She will mainly be looking at trying to upgrade either her ring of protection, her cloak of resistance, or her headband of vast intellect. I don't think she's currently wealthy enough to swing any of those purchases, however. She's not wearing a belt currently... maybe a belt of dexterity wouldnt be out of line. Be a little faster, make the touch attacks a little easier... Hmm.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:00 pm

If anyone wants a Ring of Protection, starting with this +1 and then upgrading is probably a significant cost savings worth pursuing.

I think it might be interesting to hold on to the water generating stone too. Like what if you're facing a thing that makes fire (e.g. the dragon we just killed) and you need a big firehose in a hurry to save people from being burnt up in their house or whatever?

Or you could melt certain witches.

I have no need for anything on the list; I've got my armor, got my weapons, and mainly just want to buy a few potions in case of Likely Emergency.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:09 pm

I hadn't thought about the possibility of upgrading the +1 ring to +2. It would save 1,000 gp, but you also have to wait a week for the work to be done.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:49 am

I was planning to sell my +1 ring and buy a +2 if I have enough money for it. Waiting a week to upgrade is not in my nature... I'll have to wait and see how much we get first though. I think I want something more flashy like the Pliant Gloves more.

As for those demon pellets that produce 50 gallons of water... Kay would feel MUCH safer knowing exactly where those are... (Yes, she seems to have some sort of irrational fear of water. It will make more sense in one more level though. She is descended from a lighting elemental basically...)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:12 am

Dothan is sending along her stuff to sell, but has no shopping list. The only thing she's buying right now is cold-weather gear, and she can get that in Sandpoint.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:34 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Subject to Darcs's approval, I've added the dragon parts to the loot list. Our total value right now is 31,969 gp, which works out to just under 4,000 each (there are 8 of us, right?).

However, look at the magic items that can be made from each of the dragon parts, and if that is something you'd like us to (us, the team) to make, then claim that part and it will save us more money in the item creation. The sale value of the item is at the beginning of the entry. The number at the end of each line is the full retail value of the items that can be created from it. Items with an asterisk (*) at the end indicate that this is the price for the cheapest version of that magic item (for example, Necklace of Fireballs can be found in more powerful versions; magic weapons can be created with greater bonuses, etc), so if you plan to use the part for a higher level version of the same item, you're saving even more than the part's value indicates.

Dothan has already claimed the wings for her Wings of Flying, and the tongue for a Headband of Alluring Charisma (which Hal has indicated he wants at some point).

Bear in mind that we (as a team) can create any weapon, armor, or wondrous item. We, so far, cannot make potions, wands, rods, rings, etc.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Return to “Runelords”