[OOC] Nov 4 - Nov 17: Cattle rustlers

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

[OOC] Nov 4 - Nov 17: Cattle rustlers

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:58 am

We shopped in Magnimar. Anna and Dothan teleported Gunrus out to Hook Mountain, and visited with Vale to update him. It is now 26 Neth and we're on the road to Jorgenfist.

We just beat three cattle-carrying ogres. Those namby-pamby, yellow-bellied, low down, namby-pamby, milk-drinkin' rattlesnakes done rustled them some cattle from a local farm. We put the cows back in the barn and are traveling to nearby Galduria to find the farmers who fled their home when the ogres attacked. We know where the bandits were holin' up, and we have an unconscious ogre with us for questioning.

For those who weren't there or didn't catch the numbers, you can add 6,439.63 gp to your character sheets, and it was assumed that you had that amount available to you for shopping in Magnimar, if you need to retcon in your purchases. According to Darcs, pretty much any magic item of 10,000 gp or less can be found in Magnimar. So +2 weapons, +3 armor. The dragon's corpse is finally disposed of, and the Loot page should be cleared out, as we have taken care of it all.

I don't suppose there will be a lot of stuff to discuss here, but if we want to work anything out, we have a thread.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [OOC] Nov 4 - Nov 17: Cattle rustlers

Postby Elle » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:11 am

Just wanted to say that was an awesome session - it was a small encounter but for some reason it was a lot of fun, and felt good to have solved a lot of the "business" stuff on the boards so we can get on the road to the next thing where you're going to get us all killed! But that's ok.

Cattle rustlers are inherently amusing as an encounter. But maybe it indicates a larger fallout of our actions at Hook Mountain. The Kreegs have dispersed? Maybe we should keep tabs on them, in case some other enemy decides to gather and organize this force as footsoldiers.

It's weird how these things always work out with RP - Dwyn tries something new, riding into a fight on horseback, and immediately whiffs twice. It makes sense, right? Now there's a story about how she's going to practice to improve at this. Maybe she hadn't really had time to accustom Ki Xa to this sort of thing, since it has literally been weeks since they practiced that together, and then he was on a boat with her for a week, and so on. Very little time for either horse or rider to get used to actual mounted combat. I may well take the feat to make rolls on this less scary! Don't want anything untoward to happen. But I expect once we get close to the destination, it's not going to make sense for me to stay on the horse because it disrupts options for the group as a whole. Maybe we'll board our horses in the last civilized outpost?
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: [OOC] Nov 4 - Nov 17: Cattle rustlers

Postby Phoebe » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:21 am

FYI: I updated some things on my character sheet with money etc but didn't add the arrows yet.

Return to “Runelords”