Annamanuě's Item Enhancement Emporium

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Annamanuě's Item Enhancement Emporium

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:01 pm

I wanted to post here so you all knew what types of weapon and armor enhancements Anna can currently provide:

Bane
Defending
Dispelling
Endless Ammunition
Flaming
Flaming Burst
Frost
Glorious
Guardian
Icy Burst
Keen
Returning
Shock
Shocking Burst
Speed
Thundering
Wounding

Enhancements I plan on pursuing when Anna reaches the appropriate level:

Ghost Touch
Brilliant Energy
Heart-Piercing
Spell-storing
Last edited by Bluedevyl on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Annamanuě's Item Enhancement Emporium

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:20 pm

I am absolutely the LAST person in line for a new magic weapon, because combat is, at best, my third most useful ability. But if the time ever comes for it, Dothan would love to work with Anna to make a Songbow: +1 (or +2) short bow with an additional +1d6 sonic damage that only happens in the presence of a Bardic Performance that has audio components.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:01 pm

SB and I were talking today about putting a returning enchant on her starknife, and I figured I'd try to concentrate the information all in one place.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:12 pm

Updated first post with complete list.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:19 am

I was intrigued by the possibility of a "dispel" weapon, which fits thematically with the next plan to take on some spell-interfering feats. But it looks like you have to make a caster level check in order to make it work - even with a couple pluses, that isn't going to work for Dwyn. Am I right about this?

If Dispel could even work for Dwyn, it might be handy to be able to hit a friendly creature (gently! with the handle!) to knock some bad magical effect out of them, but perhaps dispel magic is a no-brainer for the rest of our magic users and just seems cool to me because it's not something I could otherwise do.

Spell resistant armor would also be cool, should that become an option someday. The whole theory here is to get specialized to fight magic users. (Bad, mean ones only!)
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:34 am

Dispelling arrows might be nice, so we could remove opponents' buffs from a range.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:22 am

Darcs will have to rule on this, but, even though it doesn't say it in the description, I think you can only put dispelling on a melee weapon. It says it functions like spell-storing, which can only be placed on melee weapons.

I can't find rules for making dispelling arrows. Silencing or hush arrows could be almost as good, however.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:44 am

Speaking of spell storing... That would be a nice one to work toward... :) (Getting a nice lightning bolt from my Keen Rapier would be OH so sweet!)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:34 pm

I'll add it to the list :D the only requirement for it is that the crafter be 12th level.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:20 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:19 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:29 pm

STOP EVERYTHING:

SPEED is a thing Anna can put on a weapon that doesn't just apply to Crits and doesn't depend on Dwyn's caster level.

How much does this cost? What do I have to do to make this happen to Lucille?
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Correct. It would depend greatly on what sort of weapon Lucille is currently. If it's been enhanced at all, we'd likely have to wait. Speed is a +3 modifier. If Lucille isn't already a magic weapon, it'll cost about 9 grand to do. If Lucille is already a +1 or a +2, it'll be more expensive.

We can figure it out though. Let me know the stats on the weapon and we'll get a ruling from Darcs on cost.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:53 pm

I would like speed on each please :) Because six attacks in a full-attack round seems ridiculously silly.

(I would also like my weapons to be +2 or more, but I would accept either.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:53 pm

Nevermind. Too expensive.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:46 am

Lucille is a +2 Lucerne Hammer, and I can't find any table that indicates how much a +2 weapon with +3 special ability is.

Dwyn also has +2 armor, so I assume same deal for specials?
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:07 am

Under the crafting magic arms and armor table it says to add the bonuses together to get the total cost. A +2 weapon with a +3 enchant on it is the equivalent of a +5 weapon. My reading of that is it would be worth 50k, but I can't figure out if that means it costs 25k to do the enchant, or if it is only 9, since we're only adding the +3.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:54 am

I would say subtract the current worth from the worth after enhancement. Half of that number would be the amount of gold and materials necessary to enchant the item to the new power level. I am not, however, the GM.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:06 am

The +2 weapon is worth 8,000 (+change). If you add a +3 enchantment to it, the final product is worth 50,000 (+that same change). The difference is 42,000. That is the cost of the upgrade.

If Anna were to do the upgrade herself, then she can do it for half the retail cost, so it would be 21,000. Time required equals the retail cost of the upgrade divided by 1,000, so it would take Anna 42 days of uninterrupted work to complete.

Alternately, you can work on a project like this while traveling and adventuring and other stuff (which is what Dothan has to do), in which case, you only get credit for .25 days of work each day.

Completing a +5 weapon also has a required Caster Level of 15.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:15 am

If Lucille is only +1 right now, then adding Speed is 16K retail, so 8K plus 16 days to craft it.

Return to “Runelords”