Jorgenfist Planning

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jorgenfist Planning

Postby Zen » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:59 am

Kay is getting pretty low on spells, yeah... She's had to refresh her defensive spells once and she's used a few offensive spells so she's pretty close to tapped. She also has used two of her swift action Thunderstaff's, so she only has one more of those left, meaning she'll have to wait a round to get the extra electricity damage with the rapier after that. All in all, we've fought through quite a bit here and should probably rest soon...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:58 am

So, before proceeding towards the sounds, do we want to rest and reconnoiter? We can head back into the tunnels and setup camp, setup watches, and maybe have some of our stealthy folks do some scouting before we engage our next encounter?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:12 pm

So I had to go back and re-read how we left off. I wasnt feeling well 2 weeks ago, and my memory was just shot.

I believe that we discussed heading into the factory area before resting, in the hopes that whomever was in there could be dealt with and so as to not have them pour out of the entryway into our backs while we're recuperating.

Anna is still well set for spells at this juncture, and doesn't need to rest that much right now.

I'd suggest heading into the factory area first, and seeing if that's something that can maybe only has 1 entrance, so we can bottleneck it while the spellcasters rest and regain their booms.

Just my thoughts. See you all tonight!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Yeah... Probably a good idea. We've got enough in the tank for one more swing.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:46 pm

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:10 am

So once we finish this giant (having learned our lesson, again) we should take a look at the map, pick a camp, restore Eldthor, repair the dwarfs, question the dominated giant and rest. There may be some other things on the list, like drag the bodies away and throw them in the chasm so that they're disappeared and not dead. Both Dwyn and Hal are super strong, so we could rig up a travois to quietly clean up our mess. As long as we don't rush and don't get sloppy I think this is going ok. M has lots of magic though, and we're in an old site that doubtless has more unusual surprises in store.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:55 am

So, you guys, and by guys I mean you gals too, in the wee hours I have thoughts, fears, concerns ... we are all going to die down here in these tunnels, aren't we? And by tunnels I don't mean the pockmarked surface of the earth on which we dwell, but the game we're playing next week. So what are we going to do about this? Can we coordinate a little, you know, what is the plan? There's a limit to how much we should do that right now given that it's not real "in game" at the moment, but presumably this is the kind of thing we discuss with one another as we trudge whispering through the tunnels of doom.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:09 am

C'mon Dwyn! Turn that frown upside down! We can do this, but only if you believe hard enough!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:30 am

Oh heavens, that's the plan, isn't it?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:05 am

Tinkerbell will live if you clap your hands!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:59 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:19 am

Yes?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:35 am

Yes, we're facing a tough and determined foe. And had we known what was on the other side of that secret door, Eldthor for one would have cast some buff spells (bull's strength on Dwyn or Hal, cat's grace on himself) in order to improve our odds going into this fight.

(Brief aside: I end up not using my buff spells very much precisely because we find ourselves in combat with very little prep time, and I always feel it's more important for Eldthor to get off a round of arrows and cause SOME damage, rather than taking a round or two to cast spells. I'm curious if others think it would be worthwhile for Eldthor to forego firing arrows for a round or two so he can one or two buff spells on himself and others? Not just necessarily in this current combat, but in general.)

This guy could really cause some damage if we're not careful. But we have done some damage to the guy already. We just need to make sure our tanks are keeping him away from the squishy folks, and make sure the squishy folks keep the tanks as healed up as possible. If one of us falls or gets too low, then I say we grab the wounded and make a fighting retreat back through the secret door. Would the giant even be able to fit through the secret door, or is it too small for that?

In the future, we need better intelligence. I think Illian did a great job of scouting around, and we can hopefully get some useful bits from Dothan's dominated giant. Hopefully this is a unique case where we walked through a secret door without knowing what was on the other side, so we weren't deployed or buffed as we should have been. But knowing now the kind of force we can expect to run into (this guy isn't even Mokmurian yet!), we'll want to know as much as possible about what we're going up against and be prepared as possible. Heck, if there are some of these foes that Dothan can turn on the charm and get them to turn against Mokmurian, then I'd say we try it! Easier than fighting them.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:43 am

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:08 pm

I think we'll be okay moving forward... this is a difficult situation with the chokepoint and not being able to see particularly well.

We've got some spells to deal with situations like this, but Anna's been reluctant to use the big guns in fear of there being another big bad around the next corner.

And, lest we forget, we always have Sam with us! <3 :raspberry: <3

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:39 pm

A critical hit will kill any of us outright.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:50 am

True, but better if it's me because then the first time, at least, he has to confirm twice. (Luck) After that I'm SOL but at least have more HP in case he rolls badly. I hit him the first time mainly to see what it took and if I could. I'll try to sunder that damn pick but it might be harder to do.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:00 am

Yeah, I have a spell to snatched it out of his hands, but with his size, his CMD is crazy.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:21 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:43 am

He is not currently holding the pick. Hal disarmed him.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “Runelords”