[GB] Hera: Curses and Blessing Stealing

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[GB] Hera: Curses and Blessing Stealing

Postby Eliahad » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Hey folks, since this was the new thing we were talking about, I was curious to your thoughts about how to structure something like this. Would a large portion of her Curse cards read:

Curse

Throw
3 HP
*card text for throw*
/or/
Take a Throw blessing from target Hero Board and place it on your own Hero Board.

That sort of thing?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [GB] Hera: Curses and Blessing Stealing

Postby Mike » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Reasonable. Yes.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:59 pm

So I was thinking today. Hera is likely to be the "take that" God deck, so would the card that I brainstormed last night, that returns an unattended Godball to Mt. Olympus make sense for her? I think it works, flavor-wise, and it seems like breaking momentum is her kind of thing.

I've got a couple other card ideas that I'll put down when I get back from the gym.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Oh yeah... I was thinking along the lines of reaction cards... IF someone else attacks Hera's hero, she can play a reaction card to punish them immediately. Like returning the ball or cursing whatever attack they used or something like that.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:33 pm

you know, with more reactions, Hera is likely going to run through the deck much faster than other gods. So, with that in mind, we might need to tread a bit carefully.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Wowie
Pastry Artisan

Postby Wowie » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:04 pm

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:50 am

She's going to be okay, right? Like, she's the most directly in conflict with other people. I mean, since everyone knows the ball is the most important thing, you expect to get blasted when holding the ball, or if you're on your way to take it. Like, I haven't had a problem with getting knocked down or shoved away or whatever. You are trying to score, I'm trying to stop you. You won, I'll get you next time. Like, that's fine.

But Hera seems more insidious than that.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “Godball”