Superman vs. Goku

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Superman vs. Goku

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:47 am

Just so we're clear... Superman.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
TheMaster
Happy Medium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Superman vs. Goku

Postby TheMaster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:14 am

You misspelled Goku
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:17 am

Look Master, I respect your stupid, stupid opinion here, but you're just wrong.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ronster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:18 am

All the way!

:deadhorse:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:26 am

Goku is so much better. Really no comparison. He lived 2 Full Lives for crying out loud (if you count GT, which i do because i dont read the Manga). He went toe to toe with a god. Superman can't hold a flame to him.
1290762-goku_vs_superman_finished_by_bimago_super.jpg
And he didn't even have to go Super Saiyan.
1290762-goku_vs_superman_finished_by_bimago_super.jpg (56.21 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:32 am

It's all baseball to me.
Last edited by Stan on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:36 am

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Goku. 100%.

Unless we're talking Injustice: Gods Among Us Yellow Lantern Superman... He might stand a chance.

Regular old Supes? Goku will wipe the floor with him.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Finally someone talking some sense. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:15 pm

I don't know who this "Goku" is - I only see a picture up there of this guy, and I have nothing against him but I'm not sure how he beats Superman:

Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:51 pm

My money is on Superman, because he can actually win a fight in a single half hour episode of a show.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:12 pm

Goku can't help that his battles are so epic it takes 12 episode for you to fully understand what had transpired. if you were a saiyan you would be able to grasp it all in a 10 minute episode.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:23 am

So you're saying this Goku is consistently TL;DR? Okay, I sympathize but that's not better.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:44 am

What i am saying, is that, Goku is so much better you can write a novel about how/why he took one step, but you can also just be in awe after watching the whole fight.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:26 am

Meh, still Superman. Unless you can find something better than Supes vs The Elite.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:30 am

Goku vs Androids
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:41 am

Goku is racist, and therefore Goku loses to Superman.

The entire concept of the saiyan and super-saiyan is a metaphor for the Japanese people's internalized self-loathing and feelings of cultural inferiority following World War II. Saiyan are extremely powerful in their own right, but most serious threats require going "super-saiyan" and becoming Caucasian. When Goku goes super-saiyan, suddenly he has blond hair and blue eyes and looks like he's just a haircut away from leading his own Hitler Youth brigade. None of this is by accident; it all stems from deep-seated cultural injustices. The acceptance of super-saiyan as the ultimate beings is racist.

Now, both Goku and Superman are simply elements of a story. Each one has traits and abilities that vary from story to story and power levels adjust to match the needs of the story. Both of them are invulnerable to a level that meets the needs of the story. Both of them are strong enough to move planets if they need to. They are virtually equivalent in power level... that is, they are the ultimate being of their universe.

So the only real difference is that Goku is a representation of racist self-loathing, and Superman is a wish-fulfillment fantasy for Jews struggling against racist oppression (as explained by the creators of Superman).

In my world, anti-racism wins over racism. Superman wins.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:43 am

Why you got to pull the race card?
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:51 am

download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (9.43 KiB) Viewed 1467 times

I would say is eye are more green than blue anyways.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:04 am

There's no "cards" here. Just truth. And sometimes the truth is painful.

Return to “Nerd Babble”