This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby Phoebe » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:23 am

Ooof, that is too much. That seems excessive when you already teach and seek only to understand the needs of a new age group. But who knows. Are you allowed to feed them snacks?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:29 pm

Thankfully I got to the airport quite a bit early for my flight. My flight ended up being delayed too long to make my connection due to mechanical issues. So the airline paid for a taxi to take me to Milwaukee so I could catch a flight from there that will still allow me to make my connection. So I should still get to the hotel at the expected arrival time tonight.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Flights, aaagh. I miss those days when I thought air travel was an exciting new adventure. Now it's like a more complex, less comfortable way of getting on a bus, even though you get there faster so you have to do it. I try to fly as little as possible these days, so that I can store up all my carbon expenditure for 1 splash every other year.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:48 am

I usually take early morning flights, which are less susceptible to being delayed, not being as dependent upon a previous flight having arrived on time. However, my customer recently enacted a new policy on reimbursing for travel expenses, and they limited how much they would reimburse for flights. Unfortunately, given that my home airport is a somewhat smaller regional airport, it's somewhat harder to find flights that will come under their limit. I've taken this later afternoon flight twice now, and it has been perilously delayed both times, risking my chance of arriving at all, let alone on time. Thankfully, I have two more trips over the next few weeks, and both of those will have early morning departures. And from now on, I'm getting the earlier flights regardless of cost. The un-reimbursed cost will just be a deductible business travel expense.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:16 pm

Have been doing SO well with OCD and then had a perfect storm of several things at once. After watching an expensive object in my house nearly be ruined for no reason, I had to spend the evening in an extremely crowded middle school event, including a horrifying restroom, so... what more need be said?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:01 pm

All this news about Turkey has reminded me that I have never had a cup of Turkish coffee.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Nor have I ever tried (or seen) Turkish Delight, despite The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe making it out to be the food of the gods.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:14 pm

Ok I had a Turkish Delight ONCE at a grocery depot discount store, I can't honestly say I had the full experience because it seemed kind of old but it was a OK treat, not sure I would see my soul to a ice queen for one but it wasn't half bad.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:02 pm

Re: comments when I joined game last night:
today my kid has to stay home from school and I have overheard an episode of My Little pony where the Discord pony is induced to play a role playing game with Spike and the large red pony, and when asked to make a character he picks his own name. One of the players in our at-home Pathfinder game named his character his own nickname, so... I got a bit of a charge out of that. The big red pony also turns out to be, for his rpg character, the fighter who has those little curvy horns I used to have for Dwyn, so now, thanks, I know which pony I am on My Little pony. I thought it was Fluttershy but I guess that's my middle child, who really is kind of a walking embodiment of Fluttershy except without the pink hair and bright yellow skin, and hooves etc.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Prob the best weather in the history of October but another planned outage is shutting down power all weekend long. CA Is a third world country.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:04 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:15 am

Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope she can be comfortable and pain free and enjoy her days.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:47 pm

I’m really sorry. That’s rough.
Reel on a repeating loop
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:25 pm

Power came back at 11:30am today and its going back off at 4am. Hows the rest of the country? THIRD WORLD SHIT
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:11 pm

Had a NETFLIX AND CHILL chica pass in her sleep at the age of 39...WEIRD FEELING cause its not like someone I really dated dated but still a bright soul who was always nice to me even if she was a seventh day Adventist who treated our trysts like the very HEIGHT of rebellious actions
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:35 am

Every morning at my school someone says the pledge of allegiance over the PA. And every day the person starts by saying "I pledge of allegiance . . ." I don't know if everyone does that. I find it kind of amusing.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Sorry about your friend, Mime, that's such a young age to die suddenly.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:11 am

Shuri Castle is burning down. :cry: Hope they kept all the plans from the post-WWII rebuild.
Last edited by Tahlvin on Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:32 am

In the morning the school plays music over the PA before first mod starts.

Every damned Halloween it's "Thriller" and "The Monster Mash." Every. Damned. Year.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:47 am

But where are the new Halloween songs? Surprised they get away with it in public school (?). Here we have Fall parties or Harvest day, etc, and even then they have a room for those who do not participate and there are quite a few families that do not. We have pockets of Orthodox and Conservative Jews, Mennonites, Jehovah's Witness, etc around here and they do not go in for Halloween revelry even when disguised as generically pagan/civic pumpkin celebrations.

Return to “Nerd Babble”