Spring Forward

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Spring Forward

Postby Phoebe » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:11 am

Sometimes I feel like going to get a masters in public health only so that I could write a thesis about the negative effects that daylight savings time is having on both physical and economic health in this country. Luckily some other people are studying it and lo and behold they're finding out it's a terrible idea.

Now how do we get our political leadership and local institutions to take note of this and make a change? Probably the same level of effectiveness we have reached by performing extensive research showing that children do better at learning under completely different sorts of environmental and sleep schedule conditions than they have in school right now!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: Spring Forward

Postby Phoebe » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:21 pm

I want to go to sleep for the night and also it's about time to start making supper. Except no, suddenly it's mid-supper-hour and I have no idea when sleep should happen. Arrrrgh
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 am

Clocks didn't fool my kids last night. They knew they were being put to bed an hour earlier than usual, and they were having none of it!

I would work proposals in sections of the country that border on two time zones. Pick a county that borders on East and Central. Then when DST hits they can switch back and forth between time zones in order to keep the time the same.

Also. I hope they get rid of DST, but I prefer the EDT over the EST, so I'd hope they do away with it but keep the adjusted schedule.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:40 am

That's what Florida is trying to do.

I think the whole nation should follow suit.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Postby Walrus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 am

I grew up in Queensland Australia, the state of Aus that refused to go to daylight savings - when I moved to Canada, I find twice a year this whole proceedure fucks me up. And it is so insanely stupid and pointless.

:shenanigans: :deadhorse:
I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:

Return to “Nerd Talk”