Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:10 pm

Super curious how this whole thing comes to a end(the shutdown)

https://theweek.com/articles/819128/why ... hrewd-move
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:25 am

And now Roger Stone is arrested. It's really amazing how inept these people are. How many people in the GOP organization had to turn a blind eye to let this group of inept bumblers reach the heights they did is astounding.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:07 am

Bye, Roger!
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:02 pm

In the real world, this is who I most want to see win the Dem nomination.
1. Bernie2020
2. Beto
3. Klobuchar
4. Tulsi
5. Warren
6. Sherrod
7. Gillibrand
8. Biden
9. Booker
10. Yang
11. Kamala
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:54 pm

There's a thread for that.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:09 pm

ha I'm sorry, the TRUMP post is the most active political post on this forum and I kind of just see it as a dumping ground for my idle political musings, I will stay on topic next time :cheers:
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:28 am

A good thing they sent armed teams to bring in that 66 year old man. He is soooo dangerous.

If you think this was not a stunt then your motives are in question.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:58 am

They sent armed officers to arrest a 66-year-old rich white man. Yeah, that is unusual, and probably somebody WAS trying to make a point.

If so, what does that tell us?
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:09 am

I think the fact that they raided his house, and didn't let him turn himself in (like others in this investigation), means they don't trust him at all.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:32 am

Oh, I completely agree. To me, this indicates that they wanted to make sure there was zero chance of him destroying evidence or pulling something deceptive in the process of turning g himself in. And to me, I assume they based this on his history of duplicitous behavior, obstructing justice and threatening others to coerce them into lying for him. I can see plausible reasons for arresting him the way they did.

But Ron said that means my motives are in question. So rather than push that point, I was simply asking, "And if it's true, so what? What does that mean?" Because Stone's arrest being a political stunt is important to him, so I'm wondering why.

Sorry, Ron. Don't mean to keep referring to you in third person. The point is that I'm interested in your deeper take on this, but I don't want to throw around a bunch of preconceptions or get into a debate about it. I just wanted to hear your thoughts.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:36 am

You forgot to say "allegedly" :sarcasm:

I completely agree with securing the data (can't have people bleaching servers or deleting incriminating emails)

I completely agree with multi-pronged raid (office, residence, etc) providing there are proper warrants for searches made.

Stone is not a Branch Davidian or a murder suspect so I feel that the show of force was just that, a show. And it was done in the pettiest of ways. They made a spectacle of him. What if that was your dad or some other relative. And inviting the cameras for the show??? They tipped off the biggest blabbers in the world...people whose profession is to communicate. The cover story of protecting data is a thinly veiled lie.(IMO)

As to motives...
I do have my own demons to fight when it comes to perceived wrongs and the desire for justice.
There was a time I would have cheered like those watching the apprehending of Stone. I was more partisan than patriot...I more interested in my spin of the story than the truth. I have seen what happens when, like sharks, there is blood in the water and a frenzy of hate-filled assumptions and what-ifs is the order of the day.

I desire to see the accused treated as innocent until proven guilty and the rule of law upheld for all citizens, even those I do not like or agree with.

for my own philosophy I choose to follow a Proverb of Solomon:
Proverbs 24:
17 Do not rejoice when your enemy falls,
and when he stumbles do not let your heart rejoice,
18 lest the Lord see it, and be displeased,
and turn his wrath away from him.
19 Do not fret because of evil people
or be envious of wicked people,
20 for the evil person has no future,
and the lamp of the wicked will be extinguished.
21 Fear the Lord, my child, as well as the king,
and do not associate with rebels,
22 for suddenly their destruction will overtake them,
and who knows the ruinous judgment both the Lord and the king can bring?

TL;DR People shouldn't gloat or be mean. That is poor sportsmanship.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:27 pm

CNN wasn't tipped off. It noticed that grand jury met on Thursday, instead of usual Fridays, and Corsi was involved. So CNN made a bet.

At least, that's what CNN said, and pretty plausible.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:45 pm

However I have come to a discovery that has caused me to embrace a portion of the pro Trump population!
And I might add it includes Ronster so that's good.
Basically, if you put a non-racist Trump supporter up against a casually racist Bernie Bro... OMG. Give me that MAGA guy every time.
I was not super hot about Hillary's candidacy so I never had occasion to discuss anything with the Bernie bros in my vicinity. Holy shit. I was learned.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Totally on point with proverbs. No interest in revenge, nor suffering. There's been more than enough suffering already.

Unsurprised that Stone, mostly because of self characterization, was apprehended the way he was. He's likely to be armed. He's likely to destroy evidence. He's predictably going to make it harder, on purpose.

Regardless. He's a rich white guy. Worst case scenario for him, he will end his days being treated humanely, if not well. More likely, he'll be in Aruba spending our money.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:29 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:30 pm

In what world do center-left people vote for Howard Schultz over the Democrat?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:08 pm

Jordan Peterson's world.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:01 am

The issue is not really about him splitting the vote. IF he actually runs, he will likely have no effect in that way. What he's doing is using the threat of his billions in negative advertising to scare people away from the more "extreme" Democrats in the race. His only policy positions so far have been, "People who want to raise taxes on me and others rich people are un-American."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:59 am

The Bernie bro sexism and irrationality is very real.

Return to “Nerd Talk”