Democrats

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Democrats

Postby mimekiller » Fri May 10, 2019 4:09 pm

lol keep on having fun and calling this thought not helpful but Biden is a REPUBLICAN.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/10/poli ... -JeIin-hRk
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri May 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Okay, whatever.

My experience with you has taught me that you understand complexity and nuance and context perfectly well.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby WillyGilligan » Fri May 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Fri May 10, 2019 9:46 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon May 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 14, 2019 3:05 pm

I as ruler of the world am instituting a decree today.

The decree has two parts.
First, you're not allowed to compare the crime of making people feel uncomfortable or irritated to the crimes of actually sexually assaulting or violently hurting another person, nor are you allowed to compare people accused of or guilty and convicted of these things to those who didn't assault anyone, as if they have accomplished offenses of similar level.

Second, if you want to write an article that discusses Joe Biden's treatment of Anita Hill, and you want to say anything negative about that treatment, you had better goddamn well be on record at least once, and preferably at the same time you mention Biden's name, complaining about the fact that we have a sitting Supreme Court Justice who caused the entire Anita Hill situation in the first place. In fact, it wouldn't hurt you to note that the president has been accused of sexual assault over a dozen times, I can't even keep track of how many, and another Supreme Court Justice was accused recently of things a heck of a lot worse than anything Biden was accused of doing.

Now that I have stated this it will be good to know this b******* will never happen again in the media. But since as the ruler of the world I don't need to breathe, I won't be holding my breath.

100% supportive of Joe being in this race at this point, though I would rather another candidate won the primary.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue May 14, 2019 7:50 pm

yea I think Biden has rode out that controversy and you can now bask in the glory that is two 70 year olds running for POTUS that will threaten to fight behind barns between agreeing we should nuke Syria
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 14, 2019 8:59 pm

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed May 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Prediction: Biden will knock out Sanders. Warren or Harris will take the mantle.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Wed May 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh are pieces of shit, but they aren't running for president. I don't understand these tantrums whenever a person who is RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT has their political record brought up.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 15, 2019 3:09 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 pm

My eyes just lit up like its my birthday

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... d-n1006101
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Yeah, of course it's all fair game. But like I said in declaring my simple, beneficial new rules for the world, if you want to criticize Biden you had better be on record criticizing Thomas, and you had better not be, in comparing the two, giving the impression that what Biden did was just as bad as what Thomas did.
If you weren't definitively on Anita Hill's side back then, which precious few commentators in the media were, then you don't get to open your mouth even one time about Biden today.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Thu May 16, 2019 12:17 pm

I'm still waiting on ideas about how we "stick it to Assad" and show that we don't tolerate dictators?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 pm

I don't know the answer to that, but I know it's not "get cozy with man who gasses people to death". That's all I have today. From what limited history I understand, also think we should make it a point to support minority groups in those areas like Kurds, Christians, Druze, etc. But we lost the moral high ground long ago and now have decided that we really don't care and are proud of having lost it.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu May 16, 2019 3:46 pm

But support how? Thoughts and prayers? I'm ok with that, but don't be silly you're politely asking us to engage in either a war or supply arms/training to a "persecuted group" which even with your admitted limited history of the topic has to lean towards that's always a bad idea because it always is and bad things always happen.

Yo the more BETO plunges into the abyss the more I'm digging him, he should stick around forever.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Why does support have to mean that?
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Fri May 17, 2019 7:18 pm

what is your idea of support?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 17, 2019 7:42 pm

I think it's a false dilemma to suggest that it's thoughts and prayers or supplying weapons and going to war. I mean, is there no other form of support? For instance, I was under the impression from recent news that our ambassador is currently negotiating with Turkey over some sort of proposed safe zone past the Turkish border into Syria. I don't know the details but I know it's important to these minority groups within Syria, among other things, and whether their interests or people are being protected. I'm thinking of things like that. Maybe this is what Tulsi Gabbard is all about, but... I am not thinking so.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Debate preview 2020

Joe:folks, I like Donald, heres a man who did what many thought was impossible, we just disagree on some fundamental issues and the future of the USA

Donald:Joe Biden is a pervert that will fuck your 15 year old daughter if you left them alone in a room

Return to “Nerd Talk”