Democrats

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Democrats

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 pm

I mean I'm not AOC fan but she has figured out that often her detractors are not operating out of good faith and you don't have to bend the knee to them at all(recent concentration camp comments) Hopefully other democrats figure that out as well before the election!

And this is just very funny to me.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 27297.html
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:34 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Justin Amash: should I send him money or is he just angling for a Libertarian bid in 2020? I am easily diverted by this handsome man in his purple tie saying all the things, saying them with what appears to be refreshing frankness, so I don't want to be duped!
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:41 pm

I mean even if he is trying to parlay a switch to independent just to be on a third party presidential ticket what does that even gain someone? 3 extra interviews? The eternal hate of Trump fans if he loses?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:57 pm

I don't know but I'm not going to waste my money if he's not just trying to get reelected.

In other news Trump's friend is this alleged pervert pedophile trafficker, and there is some subsection of people who still think any of that matters to his voters! Nothing would matter! Meanwhile here I sit in the air conditioning, like I don't even care about grandchildren.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:07 pm

Bill Clinton flew on Epstein's plane 26 times. You can even read the logs for yourself

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... fests.html

I'm really hoping we get our first ex president suicide in the next couple of weeks.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:43 am

Pretty sure Kamala Harris is my #1 at this point, and I like her current trajectory. I feel like the entire public should boycott any news organizations or other groups that keep talking about primaries more than 8 weeks before the first one happens. I.e. this entire summer should be free of this bullshit. We will be so exhausted mentally by the time the actual election happens. You would think it was scheduled August 1.
:flame:
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Currently, Warren is my favorite, but Harris is so close that she might be 1st. I think that when the detritus clears from the field, Harris will be a solid front-runner, because the who campaign/debate structure is like it was custom built to highlight her strengths.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Who do ya'll have as the BIDEN of this race? meaning someone genial, drops out early, but comes back as a VP pick, I think MAYOR PETE is the obvious pick, a DIRECT personality contrast from pence(even if they prob line up on killing brown folk and other polices)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:00 pm

I have Biden as the Biden. He could be the VP for Harris. Her treatment of him in the debates was just letting him know who the alpha in the relationship will be, but henceforth I expect them to get along fine.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Biden as a historically first(not googling it dont care but I think I'm right) double VP? naw....that doesn't seem possible....
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:16 pm

It is going to be terrific!
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:32 pm

I was actually going to agree with you but for a second I forgot Biden was VP for 8 years, mark that down to my early dementia or anything else.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:21 pm

Can we not? Like, I'm half tempted to vote straight dem this year. Can ya'll just not fuck it up. Give us some new blood, maybe? Stir it up?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:56 pm

As much as pheobe wants to yasss queen slay Kamala I think realistically a reverse of what she is talking about is far more likely, if the DNC really sit her down and explain that hey this is Bidens last shot, you are young etc etc she will fall in line and take that VP spot with a smile.

BUT also historically we are not a country that elects presidents for just one term, I'm getting close to 40 and its only happened ONE during my entire lifetime.

But its fun to speculate, and certainly with TRUMP in office you can't really use historical president as the bible.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:56 pm

If Biden gets the nomination, I'm certain that Harris is his first choice for veep. He'd be stupid not to ask, and I bet mime's right that she'd take it. In fact, if anyone else becomes the nominee, I guess that Harris is their first choice for VP.

If anyone else gets the nod though, I think Joe's a bad choice for VP. And I don't think he'd take it. If he doesn't get the nod, then he's done with politics. I don't see him committing another 4 or 8 years for someone ELSE to be president.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Old news. She walked all that shit back months ago.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:39 pm

shit i got tricked! I thought she was doing a double down, my bad
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”