Congressman Seth Moulton (D-Mass)

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Congressman Seth Moulton (D-Mass)

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:44 am

. 38 years old, former marine, Democratic representative from Massachusetts.

Listen to . The guy is inspiring. He doesn't offer much on policy specifics in this interview, but he's smart and passionate and sounds like a positive future for the Democratic Party. I've never heard of him before today, and I find him very interesting.

I was listening with Aidan in the car and often found myself talking back to the pocast, mostly just saying, "Yes!" and "Exactly!" He's very much a Democrat, but on some issues he is critical of Obama and Clinton and the establishment in general. Sure it feels very much like hope and change, but I'm hoping that once I learn of his specifics on issues, he's got action to back it up. He's a likable dude.

My favorite line of his was talking about his "bipartisan workout group" at the Congressional gym. He took a vague dig at Paul Ryan's manliness regarding his type of workout, which I felt was unnecessary, but then he talked about how in the mornings, during workouts, everyone's casual, and the Republicans he hangs with all fully recognize that Trump is a lying nutball, but then as soon as they put their suits back on and get in front of the cameras, they're toadying up to the man like they always do. You always knew as much, but it's interesting to hear a sitting Congressman confirm it so casually like that.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Congressman Seth Moulton (D-Mass)

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:30 am

Return to “Nerd Talk”