What are you drinking?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What are you drinking?

Postby bralbovsky » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:30 am

At the risk of triggering somebody for legitimate reasons, recently discovered Blackwells rum. I have a personal thing that drinks should taste like something other than paint thinner, maybe something like what they're made of, so vodka mostly pointless (is there sweet potato vodka?)

At any rate, the Blackwells does retain a sense of the molasses.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Re: What are you drinking?

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 pm

I'm a big fan of the pear Angry Orchard. I highly dislike the rose.

I like drinking a lot, but not alcohol as much. Just actual drinking. I used to drink about a half-gallon of orange juice a day. That got cut out once I became diabetic; drinks are not something I often want to waste insulin on. The drink I want right now, at this very moment, is the blue sugarfree Monster. When I just want to drink a lot of something, I tend towards the Arizona sugar-free half-and-half, or Lipton diet green ice tea. Diet Snapple is often more readily available as an ice tea, but only in peach. I really wish there more diet options available around here at reasonable prices. I am in a diet drink desert. And water doesn't count, as I don't often care for the taste of water.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Ended Summer and the California Indian summer that followed with a lot of Moscow mules and gin and lemonade(with of course Shandys and ales and lagars on the beer end of thing) not that fall weather is actually here it's back to stouts, mulled wines, and nice whiskey.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:48 pm

Water. Lots of it. And coffee. I'd like to be drinking something else - the other day we made a delicious meal that required deglazing the pan with white wine, so we drank the rest of that, and it was the first time in a long time I've even had time to sit down and have a drink. Non-stop action over here.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 am

I've been drinking a bourbon that's new to me--Bulleit. Its'g good.

I'm saving a bottle of my favorite bourbon for an upcoming sad event.
Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:12 am

coke zero, clack coffee, apple and orange juices...water if I am working up a sweat.

I also found the red monster Mutant drink to be a nice change.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:42 pm

I just broke out the Basil-Hayden.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:37 pm

It's nothing as special, but raising my mundane beer in a silent toast to your friend who passed away, and thinking of you this evening.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:33 am

Mostly a lot of Pabst. I have a bottle of Mount Gay kicking around, but I tend to stick to my beer.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Tried to hype myself up to drink a lot of cocktails during sunday night football but I had 2, then switched to smoking weed and drifted into a zen cloud of THC goodness and stopped.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:15 pm

We've got a couple of local distilleries that make wicked-good gin. New Holland's Nickerbocker Gin and Long Road Distillery's Michigan Gin are both outstanding. I'll pour one out for you and your friend, Akiva.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:45 am

black coffee this morning :D
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:08 pm

Diet Dr. Pepper.

I started rotating in some Coke Zero, because there were some good deals on it. But after a couple I realized that Coke Zero was too sweet for me. Diet soda... too sweet! What have I become?

However, Coke Zero will be the perfect mixer next time I break out the whiskey.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:54 am

Coke Zero...I have to get rid of my stockpile as it isn't allowed on our dietary plan for Whole30 and I am too cheap to toss it.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:04 am

Not allowed diet sodas or just Coke Zero in particular?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Nerd Talk”