Die Hard Play by Post Game

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Die Hard Play by Post Game

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:29 am

Speaking of which, I altered my Intimidation skill to read:

Intimidation (on Nakatomi employees or persons doing business with Nakatomi corporation)

He is frightening as hell to anyone inside his little world. His intimidation means shit to cops or politicians or feds or terrorists.

Also, his Ham Radio skill is merely his one lone hobby, even though it's not directly office related. He doesn't keep a secret ham radio somewhere in his office and I expect that there's not one in the building anywhere that he would find it. I don't plan on him getting to use it, but it was either that or Model Trains.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:57 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:07 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Pdyx
Pastry Artisan

Postby Pdyx » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Tad van der Voort
Intern
Str - 12
Dex - 12
Con - 12
Int - 8
Wis - 5
Chr - 10

Looking Busy +5
[PLACEHOLDER] +5
[PLACEHOLDER] +3
[PLACEHOLDER] -3
[PLACEHOLDER] -3

[WILL FLESH OUT MORE]
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:02 am

I love "looking busy" as an office skill!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:57 pm

This weekend, I'm going to work on some initial posts and try to watch the movie- but I've got a super packed weekend with other stuff (X-Wing tournament; hockey game; homeschool class) so it might not happen. We may be one week away from starting. But no later than that.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:22 am

Bruce Gfeller , 56 y.o. male
Married, Wife's name: Darla
Children: 3 One boy, two girls in that order. Names are Abe, Eva, and Gwendolyn, 24, 22, and 15 respectively.

Bruce is from the real estate world of New York City, but was personally recruited by Mr. Nakatomi for his knowledge of corporate real estate and his ties to Manhattan businesses. His talents lie in knowing when a deal is a DEAL and just who to speak with in order to facilitate the best possible outcome for his company A native of New York, Bruce relocated with his entire family to the Los Angeles area as part of the recruitment package. He is all business all the time, except after the magic hour of 7:00 when everything in his life stops for his wife and the high school-age daughter.
Mr. Gfeller is an ardent fan of golf and uses a week of his vacation each year attending golf camps in order to improve his game so as to rub elbows with the execs. He is very good at golf, but knows how to "lose" to the right people on the course in order to helps his plans see approval. Office computers and any computer, really, are viewed by him as his enemy. He thinks they take away from his natural instincts and wants nothing to do with them and delegates all computer related actions to his secretary, the incomparable Mrs. Betty Goods. He thinks he makes up for this by being the only non-secretarial person who makes the coffee. His coffee is just the worst.

Bruce is 9 years away from a full retirement and is looking forward to a much deserved rest...with lots of golf in between rests.

STATS (courtesy of using the 4d6 drop lowest method)
Str - 12
Dex - 13
Con - 10
Int - 15
Wis - 17
Chr - 15

Golf +5
Knowledge Real Estate +5
Bluffing +3
Knowledge Computers-3
Coffee Making -3

(please tell me what I did wrong)
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:38 pm

TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:06 am

Thanks, folks!

Bruce Gfeller , 56 y.o. male
Married, Wife's name: Darla
Children: 3 One boy, two girls in that order. Names are Abe, Eva, and Gwendolyn, 24, 22, and 15 respectively.

Bruce is from the real estate world of New York City, but was personally recruited by Mr. Nakatomi for his knowledge of corporate real estate and his ties to Manhattan businesses. His talents lie in knowing when a deal is a DEAL and just who to speak with in order to facilitate the best possible outcome for his company A native of New York, Bruce relocated with his entire family to the Los Angeles area as part of the recruitment package. He is all business all the time, except after the magic hour of 7:00 when everything in his life stops for his wife and the high school-age daughter.
Mr. Gfeller is an ardent fan of golf and uses a week of his vacation each year attending golf camps in order to improve his game so as to rub elbows with the execs. He is very good at golf, but knows how to "lose" to the right people on the course in order to helps his plans see approval. Office computers and any computer, really, are viewed by him as his enemy. He thinks they take away from his natural instincts and wants nothing to do with them and delegates all computer related actions to his secretary, the incomparable Mrs. Betty Goods. He thinks he makes up for this by being the only non-secretarial person who makes the coffee. His coffee is just the worst.

Bruce is 9 years away from a full retirement and is looking forward to a much deserved rest...with lots of golf in between rests.

STATS (courtesy of http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm using the 4d6 drop lowest method)
Str - 9
Dex - 9
Con - 7
Int - 10
Wis - 12
Chr - 12

Golf +5
Knowledge Real Estate +5
Bluffing +3
Knowledge Computers-3
Coffee Making -3
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 am

I agree! The backstory totally makes Golf an office skill! I thought Coffee making was a + at first blush, then I read the text. That is funny as hell! Love it! Makoto might have a closer relationship with Betty than most of the other people in the office. (Keeping Bruce's computer running after he tries to kill it yet again and the IT guys tossing the "problem child" over to the new guy in accounting because they are just sick and tired of dealing with fixing his shit.)
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:56 am

I got Mrs. Goods' name from the part in the movie when they search the monochrome computer directory.

Instead of Die-Hard we are making The Office it would seem.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:30 am

Golf is appropriate.

Also- I was sick with flu or something for a week. I'm back now but trying to get my head above water with the stuff that piled up.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:25 am

Okay, I'm temporarily pressing pause on this because I'm not sure I have time to run it-- and I don't want to start it without knowing that I have time. So everyone's still in- but it might be a couple of months.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:09 am

No problem.

I will check this thread four times a day until it finally starts.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:29 am

What it came down to is that I haven't had time to watch Die Hard again in the last two weeks. That was a tip off that I don't have enough time.

Return to “The Gaming Table”