What is the latest board game, card game video game, or role playing game you have played and how was it?

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What is the latest board game, card game video game, or role playing game you have played and how was it?

Postby Ronster » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:38 am

I bought King of Tokyo an we have played it twice now. We all enjoy it a great deal. I tend to go with the kill off the other players strategy rather than victory points.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: games

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:25 am

Fluxx!

Spectacular!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What is the latest board game, card game video game, or role playing game you have played and how was it?

Postby Ronster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:08 am

another night, another game of King of Tokyo :banana:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Re: What is the latest board game, card game video game, or role playing game you have played and how was it?

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:35 pm

I discovered that my son had deleted my data for Mario Kart 8, so I'm playing that. I certainly enjoy it in 1 player mode. I'm sure I'd get mad playing it online, because I'm probably not good enough for online play.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:39 pm

I love 1-player mode on Mario Kart. It's been several versions since I've played, but as long as I can run time trials against my own ghost... that's the best.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:20 pm

I play mastermind with my middle child. She is getting better and better. We have a good app that allows you to generate very difficult ones.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Europa Barbarorum, a mod for Rome Total war. Its really great for the amount of attention NON Roman factions get. Some of the Barbarian factions, such as the Aedui and Arverni have nice tech trees and a wide spread diversity of unit options.

This mod is also a bit more "realistic". Cavalry don't break infantry as easily, unless they are the really good heavy cavalry. But ignoring cavalry is a bad idea too: they can run down routing troops better than anything and are great for keeping the enemy from rallying and coming back.

Also, the differvent factions behave quite differently, more like their historical inspiration.

Its both the most up to date mod, but its complete and fairly stable.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:08 pm

It always surprises me how effective Roman units were at resisting mounted attackers. But apparently unless you get the horses into a tight formation, they are reluctant to stick their heads and necks into a tightly interlocked line of humans with blades and shields.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:30 am

I bought Enter the Gungeon on Steam. It is proving harder than I was expecting.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:03 am

Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:52 pm

Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:10 am

Its amazing how many women increase their interest in video games when they learn about the nudity.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:39 am

Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:44 pm

I got to run my prototype with three players over the weekend. It ran much better than I was hoping it would and I learned a lot.

Mike, I will do everything I can to get you a prototype before the end of April. You will have one of I think three V2 copies.
Reika
Pastry Artisan

Postby Reika » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Still playing XCOM 2 on and off.

Getting ready to play a Wrath of the Righteous campaign with a bloodrager that has the untouchable archetype (lose the spellcasting ability to get spell resistance instead) with a silver dragon bloodline. The GM described her as "a good aligned, draconic female version of Sabertooth."
Irish Fan
Infrared Drone

Postby Irish Fan » Tue May 17, 2016 11:07 am

My oldest son brought King of Tokyo over this weekend. Loved it!!

Bought & played Axis & Allies. A very complicated Risk-type WWII "world domination" game. Fun, but a little too much thinking involved for my taste!

Bought but haven't played yet: Fluxx - Batman & Love Letter: Batman.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed May 18, 2016 6:52 pm

Just finished a game of Castle Panic with my wife and my 5 year old daughter. Our first time playing. We lost horribly when I pulled the most possible monsters on a turn possible. (Draw 3 monsters, draw 4 monsters, Goblin King - which puts 3 more monsters on the board - that hurts.) I'm amazed at how quickly my daughter started to grasp strategy and saw the value of discarding cards and trading. Crazy.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sun May 22, 2016 10:55 am

This War of Mine - Not fun exactly, but immersive despite its graphic simplicity. You're a civilian trying to survive a conflict by scrabbling together scraps of resources and make it day by day. Some of the mechanics are a little simple, but developers are still working layers into the game. I've managed to hole up in an apartment building with a few other folks for a couple months without starving or going crazy. I can't imagine doing it in Syria for five years......Not sure whether my attraction to it is a sign I need medication.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon May 23, 2016 7:35 pm

I like Spellstone from Kongregate/Synapse. It's a dumb mobile 'card' game with PVP and PVE.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue May 31, 2016 1:03 pm

I found a new game/comic shop and we picked up MACHI KORO this past Free-Comicbook Day, but we didn't get to play it until Sunday evening. What a fun game! :D
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “The Gaming Table”